Right and left coupling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Right and left coupling

Just for toolaholic... I'll be in Eastham having fried clams and scallops tomorrow night!
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
      Isnt a flex connector considered a union?
      That is true, but not in all circumstances.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
        Just for toolaholic... I'll be in Eastham having fried clams and scallops tomorrow night!
        Mike
        Worked in the area till about 6 years ago.

I don't miss crawlspaces in converted cottages mid-winter dealing with burst/frozen pipes.

Comment

No dis-respect to another code, but I've never found a gas union undone by vibration(26 years) not affiliated with internal combustion( witch requires a flexible connector)
          Mike

Damn, I sure have. Especially when a gas line is ran across the bottom of joists in a long run, strapped to it with wire hangers.

Kinda has the same effect on IPS threads over time; seepage leaks from the vibration/movements of the house through the course of time.

This time of year when it gets cool outside, people close their houses up and instantly start to smell gas.

Bad for them, good for me.

When I see a doped up union with silicone or putty on it.....it was a fitting undisturbed and vibration caused it to leak.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            Damn, I sure have. Especially when a gas line is ran across the bottom of joists in a long run, strapped to it with wire hangers.

Kinda has the same effect on IPS threads over time; seepage leaks from the vibration/movements of the house through the course of time.

This time of year when it gets cool outside, people close their houses up and instantly start to smell gas.

Bad for them, good for me.

When I see a doped up union with silicone or putty on it.....it was a fitting undisturbed and vibration caused it to leak.
            There lies the problem.
            No need for dope on the metal to metal seal on a union.

You basically take a strong sealed surface and use something less strong.
            In time the lesser material will yield to vibration, movement or thermal expansion.

Devine openly mentioned doing this, he got an earful.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
              Isnt a flex connector considered a union?
              In the older S.F. HOMES,hard piped You had a union behind the stove. Don't want Em elsewhere.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Mike
                Now You're really bustin My Balz. Love fried clams,and a dozen cherry stones with vinegar.
                Will be on Cape june 09. We should have a little M******* get togeather
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X