X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower curb heights

Shower curbs are between 2"Min and 9" max on the UPC, I think. Gal wants it flush!
    I can't imagine the water staying inside. How do You do a pan test? STUPID,ain't gonna happen with Me! Must be Her designer's idea!! Plague of the industry!!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: shower curb heights

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Shower curbs are between 2"Min and 9" max on the UPC, I think. Gal wants it flush!
    I can't imagine the water staying inside. How do You do a pan test? STUPID,ain't gonna happen with Me! Must be Her designer's idea!! Plague of the industry!!
    Designer/Decorator = ADD-ONS

Wrapped up a job 6 months ago with a decorator that continuously kept changing layouts.

By the end of the job I was 50% ahead of my original bid.

Comment

it's possible, as in a ada/ handicap accessible shower stall with a high ridge, a floor drain plus shower drain.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks' Rick, Idid a search and found the same. She is a trophy winning salsa dancer! Imay get in trouble,but will refuse to do this. I learned a long time ago,If You go along with poor customer choices,they always blame You!! She won't want an additional floor drain.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

A couple of tricks.
          Float the entire bath thereby transfering the threashold to the bathroom entrance.
          Put the drain as far from the grade origination point as possible(between walk-in stall and rest of bath).
          Drop the drain subfloor if possible,even if it is a little bit.

Comment

Pan test?
            I don't know right now.
            I do know if Macgyver and I can figure it out you can.

Comment

Thanks Dirty, good ideas.What about the pan test? I'll run this by the inspector. I know this is done ,what about the UPC?

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Thanks Dirty, good ideas.What about the pan test? I'll run this by the inspector. I know this is done ,what about the UPC?
                Would you be willing to make a pan out of a single stock of sheet metal then silicone it into place.
                After inspection peel it and the silicone up.I've never done it but if I was required this is how I would do it.
                I would like to reply to your UPC question but I don't know to what you refer.

Comment

Maybe this is what your looking for, I take it, that this is a wood frame construction, thus you will need to lower the shower area...

http://www.design.ncsu.edu/cud/pubs_...od%20frame.pdf

http://www.design.ncsu.edu/cud/pubs_p/ptechsheets.htm
                  Last edited by garager; 09-13-2008, 10:17 AM. Reason: Added more and changed my sentence a little bit
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Here come the phone calls from the homeowners wanting me to cut their second floor in half."You only have to take out a little bit"

On the concrete,look how they step the 4" slab down on the other side of the wall.That's one huge expense if thats a kitchen over there.

It's all about the membrane.

Then I can say
                    "Oh I can do it,It's only a matter of a few ZEROS"

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Here come the phone calls from the homeowners wanting me to cut their second floor in half."You only have to take out a little bit"

On the concrete,look how they step the 4" slab down on the other side of the wall.That's one huge expense if thats a kitchen over there.

It's all about the membrane.

Then I can say
                      "Oh I can do it,It's only a matter of a few ZEROS"
                      When they ask for the impossible, everything is possible with those zero's....

Sister up the outside joists, put in headers which will hold the inner joist.

Adding cement on a entire flooring for a build up, so its above the shower stall area, can put a some strain on a old floor system. I think this is what you mean by [Float the entire bath thereby transferring the threshold to the bathroom entrance.].
                      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                        When they ask for the impossible, everything is possible with those zero's....

Sister up the outside joists, put in headers which will hold the inner joist.

Adding cement on a entire flooring for a build up, so its above the shower stall area, can put a some strain on a old floor system. I think this is what you mean by [Float the entire bath thereby transferring the threshold to the bathroom entrance.].
                        With the kind of weight we're going to be putting on the sistered joists(which I think I'll go with a couple of Beams instead) by putting in the headers to them I think we will also tear out the downstairs drywall to put the necessary posts under them.

We'll get this thing done sooner or later.Forget Vegas Mark.Let's bust over to San Fran and give Tool a hand.

Comment

Thank You Both. Garager,Thats' the detail I would need. Add a quick drain,and I'll be swapping punches with the plumbing inspector ! Dirty,I believe the upc states a water test,and curb height 2" to 9" max Ido My own pvc pans

Comment

"Instalation Standard IS-4"

"Shall be tested for water tightness by being filled to the top of the rough threshold".I would call that your crown before going down the other side into the rest of the bathroom.

Same principal as the bench seat horizontal surfaces that never get tested.

Comment

I'll teach HER. I'll set My test plug. start the shower, close the pocket door ,and go to lunch!

Comment

Working...
                              X