X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glacier Bay faucet

How do I get the center diverter valve out of a GB kitchen faucet? It looks like it takes a four prong deep socket tool. Is this a proprietary tool to GB faucets or just a general tool I haven't come across yet?
    Thanks for your help.
    God Bless You Super Good!!!

Re: Glacier Bay faucet

throw that faucet out and put in a moen or delta

Comment

22 ounce framing hammer should move it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davevb View Post
        How do I get the center diverter valve out of a GB kitchen faucet? It looks like it takes a four prong deep socket tool. Is this a proprietary tool to GB faucets or just a general tool I haven't come across yet?
        Thanks for your help.
        Dave,I'm sorry if we seem a little aloof.It's just that I choose not to work on Glacier Bay.My time is worth more to me than what someone can offer me to show up and begin trouble shooting an innexpensive(diposable) valve.It's easier to just get another one.Brand hopefully.

No disrespect.I've just never bothered to explore that brand.

Adam

Comment

I agree have had nothing but grief with them some parts just snap together, but only once. Just replace it with something good.

Peter

Comment

Glacier Bay actually has a support telephone which can be helpful. 888-328-2383

While we do not recommend GB for home use, they are a reasonable quality vs. price choice for hotels and apartments, which are going to replace their faucets every couple of years, regardless of how much it cost new. Talk to a hotel owner who has inspectors from the flag around all the time. They don't care who made the faucet....it must look SHINY new, otherwise replace it. And if xyz hotel chain is featuring brushed nickel, or lavender, or whatever finish this year, it's all new faucets again!

Comment

well the first part of the prob, is that ur working on a glacier bay, 2nd is they are made weird, so tell them u are more than willing to replace it but u cant work on it.

Comment

If you can get the diverter out does HD sell a replacement? Most times no for GB. I took in a GB part in to HD once but they didn't sell it so they took one out of a faucet from a box and said "here, it's under warranty."
                ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Glacier bay has a lifetime limited warranty on all their faucets call their 1-800 # for them to ship out the parts you need for your broken faucet.......... If you go to glacierbay.com you will have to know the "sku" number to find the phone number.... I found the number another way. Do not call home depot and ask for their number they will have to go through the same process as you did and will take more of your time.

1-800-220-3036
                  1-800-220-3036
                  1-800-220-3036
                  1-800-220-3036
                  1-800-220-3036
                  1-800-220-3036
                  1-800-220-3036
                  1-800-220-3036
                  1-800-220-3036

Comment

Originally posted by streetshooter24 View Post
                    Glacier bay has a lifetime limited warranty on all their faucets call their 1-800 # for them to ship out the parts you need for your broken faucet.......... If you go to glacierbay.com you will have to know the "sku" number to find the phone number.... I found the number another way. Do not call home depot and ask for their number they will have to go through the same process as you did and will take more of your time.

1-800-220-3036
                    1-800-220-3036
                    1-800-220-3036
                    1-800-220-3036
                    1-800-220-3036
                    1-800-220-3036
                    1-800-220-3036
                    1-800-220-3036
                    1-800-220-3036
                    I think you got off the track, here....the website glacierbaydotcom is some energy company, not related to the faucet company. Glacier Bay faucets is NOT A COMPANY....it is simply one of the proprietary brands under which faucets are produced by the Globe Union Industrial Faucet Company. Glacier Bay happens to be the HD brand. There are many others, such as Danze, Seasons, etc. almost identical items, from the same factory.

I don't know what the phone number is that you mentioned. But for Glacier Bay, you need to call the 888 number I mentioned above.

Comment

http://www.glacierbayinfo.com/conten...f-e87cda30397f

Comment

Your ph # was helpful thank you. I might have some useful info for people looking for Glacier Bay parts. I have had my GB for 10 yrs. And I think it is a great unit and it was very Affordable. I needed a cartridge and some O-rings.
                        I call the company and I received the parts free in the mail. Finding the right company was the trick. Here are the steps i took:
                        i email http://www.globeunion.com/page.php?k...ct&cus=America and gave them the model # from the back of the faucet which read this:
                        ASME A112.18.1M
                        389-959
                        GlacierBay
                        2.2GPM
                        They emailed me back saying that, that was their competitor selling under GB name. There name and ph # is :Paini 866-863-9931.
                        I called them and received my parts.
                        If you don't have and model #'s on your GB faucet you can:
                        -Take a clear digital picture (or 2) of your faucet. E-mail the pictures to customercare@homedepot.com
                        -email photo to support@globeunion.com
                        -or call ONE FAMILY ONE VISION
                        Customer Care
                        Globe Union
                        800-487-8372 Canada
                        888-328-2383 US

hope this helps.
                        Thx
                        -Drew
                        Last edited by Drewskiier; 03-08-2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewskiier View Post
                          I have had my GB for 10 yrs. And I think it is a great unit and it was very Affordable. I needed a cartridge and some O-rings.
                          Well then I'd say you've certainly gotten your moneys worth out of that $40 faucet...

Why not just throw it away and get another one?
                          411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

I gave one to murphy ! He threw it threw h.depots. Window
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Glacier Bay faucet WHAT !!

Originally posted by redwood View Post
                              well then i'd say you've certainly gotten your moneys worth out of that $40 faucet...

Why not just throw it away and get another one?
                              isn't that special !!
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X