X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glacier Bay faucet

I was gonna quote your post snapper, but I wont so that the mods dont have to delete my post. You are obviously a troll.

Comment

Six different manufacturers produce "Glacier Bay." They do not sell parts to plumbers, and the plumber wouldn't know which of the six manufacturers made the one you have anyway. You must know the model number to get the right part, and it will be sent free upon request. Delta parts sometimes work, sometimes don't. Depends on which of the six manufacturers made yours. Don't call a plumber to fix it because there is no Glacier Bay, and s/he wouldn't know which of the six manufacturers made yours anyway. Their orings are not standard. Parts that should be brass are steel--the bonnet nut on the 2 handle kitchen faucet, for example. So far, in last six months, two houses flooded because the steel nut that should be brass, and that is brass on Delta, whom they copied, deteriorated and the cartridge shot out and so did water full pressure. Flooded house. Both faucets installed in last two years. I work in a lot of rental properties with twenty year old Deltas that have stood up just fine to tenants. The very idea that we are now comfortable with just throwing an item away after two years is why companies that make good stuff are going under. For anyone who relies on a plumber to repair or install faucets, Glaciar Bay is false economy.

Comment

Anyone else notice the pro-GB folks were first time posters?

If somebody wants to put in a throwaway faucet, fine... when it breaks just throw it away and get a new one. It is the Sino-American way.

Comment

Working...
        X