X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roots in sewer line

I've had an ongoing problem with tree roots causing a backup in the sewer line. I've had a plumber come out once a year for the past 5 years and cut out the roots by snaking the line. I finally got the city to remove the offending tree in the sidewalk. I'm just wondering if they grind the tree stump and pour a concrete slab in its place in the sidewalk, will the roots die off?

Re: Roots in sewer line

Not necessarily Newman. Tree roots can continue to grow especially if they have a good water source (sewer). Also random roots can grow with nothing on the surface. Get the pipe replaced or fixed before you poor the slab. Have you heard of permaliner?
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Have the line rotted out,then apply root-x yearly,or replace/reline the line ;problem area.
      Kenneth Collier
      Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
      Jackson, MS 39206
      (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
      drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Drive a 1" copper pipe in the stump and you'll kill it and it'll be gone in 1-2 years.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Drive a 1" copper pipe in the stump and you'll kill it and it'll be gone in 1-2 years.
          My tree guy says that's an Old Wives Tail (or is it tale?)

or maybe he wants to sell me a stump removal fee

Comment

At my parents old house, we had a tree stump that kept growing in branches so it looked like a big bush. I trimmed it all down and drove a copper pipe right in the middle. The stump was totally gone and decayed within 2-3 years.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks' Ben. I say " A man with practical experience , Trumps all ! "
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Another idea, could you pour copper sulfate in the hole that the stump left? You guys think that would work?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

What are the concoctions that are supposed to destroy stumps made of? I've seen them in books and at hardware stores I'm sure. I don't know. But I have removed my share of stumps with a backhoe that people put everything in the world on and couldn't get it to decompose. Seen them even poor gas on it and try to burn it!

I think it depends on the size of stump and type of wood.

J.C.

Comment

I know the 100% way to rid of the stump and it's all natural: termites.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                    X