Tankless temperature question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tankless temperature question

The Rheem/Paloma 74pvn puts out a max of 120, you CAN modify that, but it voids the warranty...I wouldn't suggest it as it also affects the AFUE.

IF he's not happy with the temp at his shower, I fail to see how anyone could possibly want higher than 120 for a shower or bath.

The trouble was honed by the homeowner...it sounds like the anti-scald was never adjusted on his shower valve after the tankless was installed.

This IS part of the plumbers job on installation, it also brings pause to question whether permits were pulled, and whether this was an actual plumber.

Comment

Upstate NY from around where Tom is I don't think that they even require plumbing licenses. In NY licensing is by county, not statewide! I believe a handful of counties do not have license requirements. Scary isnt it!

Here is an article regarding electrical licensing in Dutchess County, where only some towns/cities have plumbing licenses.

http://www.petitiononline.com/SafeWire/petition.html
      Last edited by wrench spinner; 09-22-2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        But maybe the other guy should.
        J.C.

Over here ... yup ... that me he's referring to
        Last edited by theoak; 09-22-2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          Here is an article regarding electrical licensing in Dutchess County, where only some towns/cities have plumbing licenses.

http://www.petitiononline.com/SafeWire/petition.html
          I think that the Dutchess County proposal is perfectly reasonable, but if I lived there I would be very wary of it quickly changing to a Westchester like scenario, which would prevent people from working on their own homes.

Comment

Working...
          X