X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place your NFL Picks for week 4 *PRIZE*

Hi everyone. I spoke with Steve Dyer this morning and he agreed at the end of the season to give the winner of the most weeks a prize. The price will be a Fleece Coat, so get your picks in.

As I have been doing I will keep track of who is winning each week to determine our winner at the end of the season, and I will then notify Steve.

To place your picks, you can either post your winner choices here for everyone to see, or you can PM me. If you do not choose a winner for a game, you automatically lose that game. For Monday Night's game, you need to predict the winner and the total of points of the game in the event a tie-breaker is needed.

I will play too, but if I win at the end of the season, I will give the prize to the person in 2nd place.

Below is the schedule for Week 4. You can copy and paste the schedule in your post and change your winners to red.

ATL @ CAR
    CLE @ CIN
    HOU @ JAC
    DEN @ KC
    SF @ NO
    ARI @ NYJ
    GB @ TB
    MIN @ TEN
    SD @ OAK
    BUF @ STL
    WAS @ DAL
    PHI @ CHI
    Monday Night's Game
    BAL @ PIT + total score of game

Good luck everyone. Invite your other professionals to play too. Thanks, Caryn
    Last edited by fixitmom5x; 09-23-2008, 11:49 AM.

Re: Place your NFL Picks for week 4 *PRIZE*

Great now you're trying to fleece us.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Hi,

I'm a PC and I just posted this reply.....

There isn't much room left on my Ridgid Trophy shelf but I'll play along anyway

As cowinner of Week 3, does that count towards my season total? or are we starting now?

Josh had 200 requests for a free T shirt for anyone that could type their name and address. I wonder how many will jump on for a free fleece coat

Comment

Can we start fresh, this week? In other words, wipe the slate clean and start over? as some of us have not played, putting us at a huge disadvantage? Not that I'd ever stand a chance of winning any way, believe me.

Also would be cool if we could get a pick sheet, just like a football pool, So we know who needs to win what during play time.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I think it should have a cap of 20-30 people, first one's get in...

Good thing I started last week.....

The jacket thing should began this weekend, makes things fair and square....

I will also be placing my picks like last weekends, it looks prettier....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

5 points for winning the week.
            1 point for each winning game weather (sorry. I just have to keep doing that every time I have to spell whether) you win or lose the week.

Most points at the end wins????????

Fixitmom, Do you realize what you've got your self into?
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Just for the record, I officially claim my spot if it comes to a limit.

Comment

If everyone is ok with it, we will start with week 4, so no one is ahead.

Gene, I am not sure what kind of pick sheet you want, but if you are more specific I will see what I can do.

Garager I liked the way you placed your picks. It was very clear. Thank you.

PC, you are a Pro, you don't need last week!

I do not want to limit anyone.

If we have a lot of people. I might ask players to choose the spread for each game.

Caryn
                Last edited by fixitmom5x; 09-23-2008, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Gene, that will work! You are right. I don't know what I got myself into, but I hope we have fun?

Everyone will get 1 point for every week they play, and 5 points for every week they win.

If you miss a week you will still be able to play the following week.

I will advise everyone of the winner of each week after the games for the week are over, and I will also update the total of points each player has every week.

Caryn

Comment

Some people spred sheet them with lines etc.. but its simple as:

Grager: KC WAS TB NE
                    Gene: KC ARI TB MIA
                    Pcrack: ATL WAS TB NE
                    Etc.........

Pcrack, grager, and every one else picks NE and I'm the only one with MIA, Then the MIA-vs-NE game will be much more interesting to me cause I stand to gain a point on everyone.
                    Who ever wins the most games that week wins the week= 5 point bonus
                    also 1 point for each game won as with every one.
                    In the event of a tie= each get 2.5 bonus pts
                    Rare but I have tied with some one even using points on mon game.

Just makes football more fun to me.
                    I'll add more later if your interested.
                    Time for daughters dance class

Comment

Gene, thank you. Too many point combos is too complicated for me, but I want to put most of your ideas to use.

Everyone who plays will get 1 point for playing each week they play.

The winner for each week will get 5 points.

In the event of a 2 way tie, the 5 points will be split.

In the event of a 3 way tie or more, 2 points will be given to each who tied, in addition to their 1 point originally given for playing that week.

Good luck, Caryn

Comment

Ok Guys, you can place your picks for week 4 anytime before Sunday at 1pm EST.

Good luck, Caryn

Comment

Well, we only have one player so far. Place you picks when you can!

Comment

ATL @ CAR
                            CLE @ CIN
                            HOU @ JAC
                            DEN @ KC
                            SF @ NO
                            ARI @ NYJ
                            GB @ TB
                            MIN @ TEN
                            SD @ OAK
                            BUF @ STL
                            WAS @ DAL
                            PHI @ CHI
                            Monday Night's Game
                            BAL @ PIT + total score of game 52

Comment

Caryn, do you run a side business as a bookie?.... you should

ATL @ CAR
                              CLE @ CIN
                              HOU @ JAC
                              DEN @ KC
                              SF @ NO
                              ARI @ NYJ
                              GB @ TB
                              MIN @ TEN
                              SD @ OAK
                              BUF @ STL
                              WAS @ DAL Game of the week
                              PHI @ CHI