X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase Water flow

Is there a way to increase the flushing power of my new toilet. Old toilet flush power was good. New one no so much.
    Its a one piece from Lowes, if you need brand and number I have that in a file.
    The supply pipe knob is all the way on. Can I increase the water in the tank and thus creating more flow?

Thanks

Re: Increase Water flow

How long does the flapper stay open?How much water is left after it closes?

Comment

a mfg and model would help too

Comment

Okay, its a Jameco 1.6gpf Model TT-6000

Flapper stays open 4 mississippis and theres a solid 1/3 water left. Before floushing its right at full line.

Some times one piece of TP wont even get sucked down far enough, it will disappear and then come back.

Thanks

Comment

Also the chain is tight when I the handle is pushed and flapper is in upright position as stated to have it in book.

Comment

try holding the handle open for the entire tank flush.

if this doesn't do it, you're out of luck.

a 1 pc. traditionally has a lower tank and gravity is not on your side.

try this and if it doesn't help, then put in a toto with "g-max" flush.

an "ultra max" is a good 1 pc. toto toilet

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Or there's another option that has yet to be posted.

Have a seperate bucket of water beside the toilet. Flush the toilet, then dump the bucket in - you'll get extra siphonica action. Just watch you didn't leave too much of a loaf or TP as you'll get a big back up if this happens after you pour it in.

Comment

Is there anywhere you can attach styrofoam to keep the flapper up longer.

Comment

OK all kidding aside

If he did increase the pressure in his house, it might keep the flapper open slightly longer as the water coming into the toilet during the flushing process trying to fill it up would keep the level up slightly longer. But still probably not enough to make a difference.

But then the downside is more pressure = harder on the houses valves and piping. Upsides though are nicer showers?

Comment

Not familiar with the brand of toilet you purchased, I have heard of them but have never installed one. If it has a standard size flapper you can try replacing it with a universal flapper that will stay open longer allowing for more water to flush out of the tank. Be carefull of backups though as now flushing the whole tank may cause a common toilet paper blockage to go over the sides of the bowl and onto the floor
                    Welcome to the world of 1.6 gal flush

Comment

Originally posted by ridgidpipe View Post
                      Not familiar with the brand of toilet you purchased, I have heard of them but have never installed one. If it has a standard size flapper you can try replacing it with a universal flapper that will stay open longer allowing for more water to flush out of the tank. Be carefull of backups though as now flushing the whole tank may cause a common toilet paper blockage to go over the sides of the bowl and onto the floor
                      Welcome to the world of 1.6 gal flush
                      How about welcome to the world of one-piece garbage Lowe's toilets.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodywoodchuck View Post
                        Okay, its a Jameco 1.6gpf Model TT-6000

Flapper stays open 4 mississippis and theres a solid 1/3 water left. Before floushing its right at full line.

Some times one piece of TP wont even get sucked down far enough, it will disappear and then come back.

Thanks
                        Is there any way apiece of tape, cardboard.etc;is stuck in the horn or inside? Just trying to cover all the bases.I saw this happen once or twice.
                        Kenneth Collier
                        Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                        Jackson, MS 39206
                        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                        drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

It seems to be working better. I didint know there was issues with the 1.6 gallons. Now I know to do do some research first, back in the day seemed like thye all flushed well enough.
                          I may try the styrofoam idea or larger flapper yet.
                          I will look for anything that may be stuck as well.

Comment

Stop looking and don't increase the pressure in your house. Some toilets just stink. It's amazing how we have been assured by all the experts that the low flow toilets are so good for us. Most people have to flush twice so where is the water savings and the stoppages that have emerged in the last five years are like nothing I experienced for the twenty five years prior. Three inch and four inch branch lines under house that were thick with sludge due to the limited carrying power. I often asked my customers if they wanted a good looking toilet or a good flushing toilet and made sure they knew where I stood before they made their decision so there would be no finger pointing later. My favorite Toilets are the American Standard and Gerber pressure assist models both using the Sloan flushmate guts. If all else fails just start eating more salads.

Comment

I personally think they should make it so all toilets are dual flush - 3 Liters for No.1 and 9 liters for #2.

Comment

Working...
                              X