X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floodsafe Supply Line keeps closing

I have had Floodsafe supply lines in my bathroom sink since I installed the sink 2 or 3 years ago.

They had been working flawlessly. Now, however, the hot water line has shut off 3 times in the last week.

Is it most likely just this supply line going bad, or another problem developing? I also have the same Floodsafe lines in my kitchen sink and the hot there hasn't closed once.

Thanks for any replies.

Re: Floodsafe Supply Line keeps closing

Junk-em'

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Junk-em'
      dirtyhands,

i'm way out of the loop on this one. what are floodsafe supply lines??

Comment

Vince,

floodsafe lines are braided stainless steel supply lines that have a valve built in so that if a leak should develop above the valve the shut themselves off. In theory they should work great. But these lines are made such that any flow greater than say 2 GPM triggers them to shut off. So if you were to run your faucet at greater than 2 GPM your faucet will automatically shut off and the lines need to be reset by turning the water off and disconnecting the lines etc. Until they get these things right any plumber wirth his salt will not use such a thing.

Comment

Ok, I see the feeling among the pros here is they are a "not ready for prime time" product. But the reasoning mentioned is they cut off with a high volume flow < 2gpm. The ones I've been using haven't cut off in 3 years of daily use until last week.

Since nothing else changed that I'm aware of in my bathrrom faucet or my water lines in general, can I just assume then that it is a faulty line?

What has been the experience of anyone who has used them as far as reliability and durability are concerned? Has mine failed in an unusually short time, or will I soon be changing the other 3 I have installed?

Comment

Save your money and pick up some regular Braided Stainless Steel Supply lines, change them over one at a time after they fail. I dont think that floodsafe is that reliable. If your supply lines leak but not necessarily catastrophically, they wont do anything... It is pretty rare that the line will just blow, most likely it will develop a pinhole and the internal valves will not shut anyway.

Comment

I love them I install them on all wash machine ,with stainless steel flex

Comment

these things sound like overkill............bigtime!

Comment

Originally posted by halfpint View Post
                  these things sound like overkill............bigtime!

Not just that.
                  Too many common folk are loosing water to fixtures and having to pay good money and time to figure it out.

Comment

OH YEA I MORE THING . Stay outa that orange store!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                    X