Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plumbers left PVC toilet hole sealed..help!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumbers left PVC toilet hole sealed..help!

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
    I was going to say that....what are you doing home Adam? You should be working
    Just got back from the city.Doing the super's job for the umpteenth repeated time.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
      Thinking to self, out loud...
      If I'd left the knock-out in a toilet, there are one of two main reasons I did that.

The rough inspection hasn't been done yet.

The rough is done, but awaiting to complete my contract with finish installation.
      Homeowner's trying to do the work of a licensed professional constractor? NO! Now I remember why I haven't participated in this section for a long time...shouldn't have even clicked, sorry, I'll be leaving now.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Thinking to self, out loud...
        If I'd left the knock-out in a toilet, there are one of two main reasons I did that.

The rough inspection hasn't been done yet.

The rough is done, but awaiting to complete my contract with finish installation.
        No biggy,there are a lot of jobs I'll do "Rough in only".Kindof cool,no warranty.Pricing works out really well for me if they choose to set their own finish.Had a Sheriff detective that did a better job setting his own than most of the plumbers I know.I don't know who showed him how to dap but he did a nice job.Took him a month off duty to do a 4 bath custom but he got it.We did do the water heater with recirc. together.

Comment

How special.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            No biggy,there are a lot of jobs I'll do "Rough in only".Kindof cool,no warranty.Pricing works out really well for me if they choose to set their own finish.Had a Sheriff detective that did a better job setting his own than most of the plumbers I know.I don't know who showed him how to dap but he did a nice job.Took him a month off duty to do a 4 bath custom but he got it.We did do the water heater with recirc. together.
            We do the same here for some customers that want to save a few bucks or want to add a future bath in basement.

The problem has been closing the permit after rough in

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              This might seem like a trivial little thing, but thats against code here, for that matter I don't know that any codes accept unlicensed work under permits pulled by a licensed guy.

Also, if it were legit in this example...why hadn't he just called his plumber?

Comment

This might seem like a trivial little thing, but thats against code here, for that matter I don't know that any codes accept unlicensed work under permits pulled by a licensed guy.

Also, if it were legit in this example...why hadn't he just called his plumber?
                Could be his plumber was one of the garbage licensed plumbers that screwed him over.

Or he never paid his qualified plumber for entire rough and can't get anyone in his community to help him.

I guess it could be any number of reasons

Comment

Entirely too much thought has been spent on something so simple. Knock the thing out and you're done. Of the thousand of water closets I have set in finish I cannot remember any knock outs falling into the closet bend which I could not retrieve in less than a second.

Mark
                  Last edited by ToUtahNow; 09-30-2008, 08:42 PM.
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                  X