No announcement yet.

NYC Main Line and Photo

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Main Line and Photo

Can anyone describe what I should see, as a camera goes down my main line ? I live in NYC, and the distance to the city sewer is about 55'. After about 25', my DIY camera goes underwater. I have been tring to see how bad my "root problem" is. Had a recent backup into the sump sink. THANK God for that sump sink.

Is a mainline normally filled with water or does this mean there is a blockage before the city connection ?

Anybody know of a link to a "typical" NYC sewer ?

See attached photo from my DIY camera.
    Attached Files

Re: NYC Main Line and Photo

If there is a stoppage holding water you won't be able to see much with the camera anyways. Have a drain cleaner clear the roots and send his professional camera down the line to get a proper diagnosis.

And no, it's not normal to have standing water in the sewer line unless there is a running trap or whatever you Yorkers call them

There should be no water in the line unless it is moving this is the case in NYC or anywhere else.

PC, we call them house traps

IMPORTANT ! Do not put Your Nikon into the clean out! Borrow a friend's camera

You have a blockage ! Use DIY K-60
        Last edited by toolaholic; 09-30-2008, 08:40 AM.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .