Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cast iron to ABS questions

Originally posted by Remodelboy View Post
    Thanks for that Drtyhands! To cut off that hub, I will need to break out some more concrete and do a little more digging. I tried yanking that 2" cast iron line out of the hub today and it was in there a lot better than I had thought. What about cutting that 2" cast iron between the trap and hub and going pipe to pipe to extend the drain. I only need to extend the drain about 8" to be in the center of the new shower.

RC
    That's what I meant when I wrote cut the hub off.Remove all the scale and rust before you put the coupling on.

Comment

Re: Cast iron to ABS questions THATS IT !!!

Cut the hub off with a grinder, I'm a G,C. in San Rafael that plums a lot. If I wasn't taking the red eye to southern Maine tonight , I'd help Ya. Honey, taxi here Yet?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Have a good trip, tool

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            I would think that the first step would be to GET A PLUMBING LICENSE, if you have to ask you should'nt be doing it.
            Useless reply you just keeping info "secret" cause you don't want people to know how easily they can do the work you want to overcharge us for?

Comment

Originally posted by rgesner View Post
              Useless reply you just keeping info "secret" cause you don't want people to know how easily they can do the work you want to overcharge us for?
              Do you seriously want to go there?

Comment

Working...
              X