Putting it all together.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting it all together.

I have had a few issues with the house since I moved in and I think I just put it all together....and its not good.

1. Shortly after moving in I noticed an area in the front yard a little lower then the area around it. This was 2-3 inches at the worst and the depression was may 4 feet by 6 feet.

2. We seem to be getting more and more dirt in our water.

3. The house only has enough water pressure to power two sprinklers for about 15 minutes and then they both go to nothing.

4. In this last year, that depression has tripled in size and that hole is directly between my house and my well. Its now about 6 feet by 12 feet wide and atleast 18 inches lower then the surround area.

My fear is that the underground supply pipe is leaking and causing the formation of a sink hole, dirt in our water, and an erratic an relatively low water pressure. Does this sound right?

Can anyone tell me how low these pipes usually are in the ground?
    IN our basement, the pipe comes up through the floor and the well top is up on a hill about 5 feet higher then the top of the concrete for my foundation.

Re: Putting it all together.

Sounds like you have it figured out, now you have to take action.

You most likely have a hole, split or crack in your suction line.

Does your pump run when no water is being used? Does the pump take a long time to recover? What size is your well tank? What size is the suction line and what material is it made of? What is the pressure of the well tank with no water in it? What does the pressure read after the pump has cycled? If you ran the kitchen faucet, how much water would come out before the pressure switch kicked? Is the pump 220v or 110v and what horse power? Is it a submersible pump or shallow well? Can you see a check valve and is it oriented in the right direction?

Home Dep sells a book by Rex Caudwell that shows how to take a well apart and fix it. That might help you get started.

Once you get the following info to me, we will get you started digging, but we will just take one step at a time.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tyman; 10-04-2008, 05:43 AM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Your familys health is at stake! Because of Your frost line pipe will be deep,Maybe 5 ft. You'll need a back hoe
      or good sized ditch witch. Call a well co or plumber please for Your familys sake!
      EVEN BETTER PM N.H. MASTER HERE! NO BETTER PLUMBER IN YOUR STATE!

PLEASE , Don't tell Him I said this! Good luck Tool
      Last edited by toolaholic; 10-04-2008, 09:08 AM. Reason: I'm a dummy !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Start digging

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Your familys health is at stake! Because of Your frost line pipe will be deep,Maybe 5 ft. You'll need a back hoe
          or good sized ditch witch. Call a well co or plumber please for Your familys sake!
          EVEN BETTER PM N.H. MASTER HERE! NO BETTER PLUMBER IN YOUR STATE!

PLEASE , Don't tell Him I said this! Good luck Tool
          I need new glasses.

Seriously, NHmaster would be the man, but NH is a big state...who knows...

Comment

Gee wiz, I'm all choked up.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              I need new glasses.

Seriously, NHmaster would be the man, but NH is a big state...who knows...
              Actually its one of the smallest states in the country (I was born there.)
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Gee wiz, I'm all choked up.
                Funny ,I have been known been known to choke someone !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X