X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laundry Vent

That is correct. But that is redundant to me in that you often can't get a trap & vent in one stud chase. Can't run the trap to the san. tee waste/vent without worming the standpipe. Which I hate. I like my standpipes straight. And you can't drill the traparm horizontally through any studs.

J.C.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't get a better pic. The washer's in the way. It's a 2" drain, the open end is about 48" off the ground, and drops down about 24" to the trap with a C/O, and about 5' from the stack. The vent (in the foreground) is 1.5" and connects to the drain with a san/tee, and it's about 4' from the stack. Hope that paints a clearer picture. Like I said, not having a problem, Just want to make sure it's OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackapatt View Post
        Sorry I couldn't get a better pic. The washer's in the way. It's a 2" drain, the open end is about 48" off the ground, and drops down about 24" to the trap with a C/O, and about 5' from the stack. The vent (in the foreground) is 1.5" and connects to the drain with a san/tee, and it's about 4' from the stack. Hope that paints a clearer picture. Like I said, not having a problem, Just want to make sure it's OK.
        Actually, now that we got yer attention...JC and I had a chat regarding a situation where a laundry has a 2" arm.

Whats the MA code on drilling a hole through studs for 2"?
        Not talking about jacks or load bearing beams here, just a regular stud.
        2-9/16" is the norm for 1-1/2" drains, but wondering how big you can go on a 2x4?

Comment

In a Loadbearing wall it's 1/3 the depth if the stud. (Unless it's reinforced) Is this an interior partition?

Comment

Working...
          X