No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

I just want to say thanks to the plumbers (and non-plumbers) who post here. Didn't have to ask the question, the answer was already here.

I was reading the thread here on plumbing a dishwasher drain. Really liked the pic of how to do it if you don't like your family. Anyway, I come home from work today and my son says that the dishwasher smells funny. Sure enough it smells like a dirty dishpan (I'm dating myself here). There's no air gap (remodeled 2 yrs ago, professionals, permits, inspections -the works) so I take a look under the sink.

The drain hose from the DW feeds into the disposal. I check the installation instruction and there's supposed to be a loop up to the underside of the countertop if there's no air gap - no loop. The disposal must have had some food in it and when the DW cycled it didn't drain completely. Cycle off ond the dirty water goes right back into the DW.

Now the new rule is that the GD is cleared before the DW is run.
    I attached the hose to the countertop as required and will now double check all future appliance installations.

Re: Thanks

Thank you soo much for Your kindness, We never stop learning!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .