X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water hammering

I have a problem with water pipe banging, I have a well with a 30/50 PSI control and i have water hammering when i shut off any valve or when a toilet tanks stops filling, iam going to install a water surge shock absorber is there a good place to install it or any place in the cold water line ok.

Re: Water hammering

check your tank, if a bladder type its probably shot.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I am sure what Bob D is referring to is your expansion tank, I agree with him on looking there first. Is this a new problem or have you noticed this for a long time and just now getting around to it. Do you own a water pressure test gauge?

Comment

Hey also make sure that the pipes are secured properly
        ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber 58 View Post
          I have a problem with water pipe banging, I have a well with a 30/50 PSI control and i have water hammering when i shut off any valve or when a toilet tanks stops filling, iam going to install a water surge shock absorber is there a good place to install it or any place in the cold water line ok.
          Shock stops work best when placed in a straight run with the pipping system experiencing water hammer. Since shock typically runs straight up and down / side to side - the fewer elbows the better with your install.

Comment

Working...
          X