Water hammering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water hammering

I have a problem with water pipe banging, I have a well with a 30/50 PSI control and i have water hammering when i shut off any valve or when a toilet tanks stops filling, iam going to install a water surge shock absorber is there a good place to install it or any place in the cold water line ok.

Re: Water hammering

check your tank, if a bladder type its probably shot.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I am sure what Bob D is referring to is your expansion tank, I agree with him on looking there first. Is this a new problem or have you noticed this for a long time and just now getting around to it. Do you own a water pressure test gauge?

Comment

Hey also make sure that the pipes are secured properly
        ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber 58 View Post
          I have a problem with water pipe banging, I have a well with a 30/50 PSI control and i have water hammering when i shut off any valve or when a toilet tanks stops filling, iam going to install a water surge shock absorber is there a good place to install it or any place in the cold water line ok.
          Shock stops work best when placed in a straight run with the pipping system experiencing water hammer. Since shock typically runs straight up and down / side to side - the fewer elbows the better with your install.

Comment

Working...
          X