• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPC question

4 floors,hotel Do they now allow plastic ? DWV

Re: UPC question

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
    4 floors,hotel Do they now allow plastic ? DWV

While many jurisdiction still limit it's use I believe the UPC has deleted the section which said 3-stories and no commercial.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      While many jurisdiction still limit it's use I believe the UPC has deleted the section which said 3-stories and no commercial.

Mark
      So I wonder if the UBC or Fire codes still carry it through.
      At what level/occupancy type do they start enforcing "Non-Combustables" like cast and pressure/chemically treated wood.

Comment

The section which use to include the limitations on combustible DWV now includes language which says it must be installed to conform with Chapter 15 which is "Firestop Protection". I believe with all of the new firestopping materials they have decided plastic is acceptable. Still I'm sure many municipalities with add it back in on their amendments based on the fact the firestopping may still be installed wrong and not protect the structure.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

3 rd story on residential C.I. Marin County code . But We can Bend gas pipe!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X