Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very odd Hot->Cold problem

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
    There is a good guy in your town that is on the forum. I am sure he can help you.

sent him a PM - thanks

Comment

You don't have a faucet or piping problem. Your issue is most likely the tankless coil on the boiler. It should have a mixing valve. Have your plumber check it for scaling. Have you had the boiler serviced this year? You might also have a problem with the limit switch.

Comment

i appreciate the quick replies - but people need to read the whole thread... the rest of the house is working fine - i'm pretty sure we've isolated this to a cartridge problem in an old Moen shower control - just wondering if that could have an effect on a sink in the same bathroom... from what i've researched online, seems it can...

next problem - in a shut off valve (main) that doesn't seem to close all the way (after it's cranked - water still slips by) - can that be adjusted, or does that need to be replaced entirely... in order for me to tackle the cartridge problem, i need to shut the main - but after trying to do so, i'm still getting water to flow by the valve...

Comment

altumuh,

it sounds like your having some erratic behaver with your plumbing system.

sometimes it's not that easy to figure these things out without being there. i understand and apprectiate your enthusiasm, and with all do respect i think you need to call in a plumber.

i would call an electrician if i was having electrical problems.

Vince

Comment

Working...
          X