X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flexible supply lines

hello all! i was wondering if it is against any codes to use flexible stainless steel lines on copper pipe. i am referring to possibly coming off of a meter to a manifold with maybe some more flex lines to hard copper to individual fixtures. i'm aiming to limit a lot of elbo's and other fittings and i wondered if this would be allowed. thanks in advance. i'm from penna.

Re: flexible supply lines

It is but why spend al that money to save a couple fittings and have something that looks like a huge cluster F
    sigpic

Comment

why not use pex for the whole system? Easier to work with and cheaper than copper.

Comment

not legal under most codes as the flexes are designed to be used in exposed locations. such as a water heater or fixture/ sink, toilet.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Stand back for a moment and imagine what your work would look like when your all done. Would it have that professional look that we all strive for? Reducing the amount of fittings used is always a good idea. I have used a flex line as a temporary repair late at night or when I could not shut off the water for one reason or another.

Comment

my buddy steve, needed to use washing machine hoses after the big quake since getting water heater flexes were hard to come by.

the 3/4'' hose thread was close enough to temporally reconnect the heaters and get the water back on.

i keep 3 cases of copper flexes on hand, waiting for the next big one

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

If you are talking CSST, that is one thing. If you are talking flexible connectors, that is another. They are just that: Appliance connectors. They are use to connect from the shut off valve, to an appliance which is not fixed in position....stove, dryer, etc. They are allowed also on furnaces and water heaters. Their length is limited by code, and they are not for general use in any other situation.

Comment

Why stop there? Do the whole house in flex!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X