Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator bangs and spits

Hello experts,

Perhaps one of you will be able to help me with this problem. All of the radiators in my apartment work beautifully except the one in my bedroom at the end of the house. It does either of the following:
    a.) Doesn't heat, but bangs as though Grumpy the dwarf is inside it with his pickaxe
    b.)Half the coils heat to just short of burning, the steam valve at the end (the one with the numbered disc at the bottom) releases about a pint of water nightly. I have rigged bottles to measure the output. This usually happens if the main thermostat is turned up over 65.
    c. Doesn't come on at all. I awake in the morning to an icy room and the rest of the house is toasty warm with softly whistling radiators.

This has gone on for the past three years. The landlord has replaced the spitting valve at least twice, but the new valves just do the same thing. He has no intention of involving a plumber. Is this a simple matter of a maladjusted valve? From the behavior I've described, can anyone suggest a solution?

Re: Radiator bangs and spits

GO TO THE HEATING WALL . COM
    THEY SPECIALIZE IN YOUR PROBLEM
    JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
    X