X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System 2000 Water Heater

We have a System 2000 burner and a system 2000 water heater. It has no elements inside but there is a heat exchanger connecting the burner and the water heater together. It has been for about a month that we have been having problems with our hot water. We have NONE. Nothing but cold (freezing cold) water comes out. We have two technicians (from different companies) come out and each told us that it had to do with the pipes and how they were connected. We have done what they have told us to do and nothing. One says something different than the other - and while I am paying for them to come out - the issue is not being resolved. I just do not know if these men know what they are doing but I need to get this fixed ASAP. Winter is coming and I have three children. Can anyone please help me? Thanks - Desperate for some HOT water!

Re: System 2000 Water Heater

The System 2000 uses a 40 gallon storage tank and a stainless steel plate exchanger to actuall make the hot water. There are 4, 1/2" fips tappings on the plate exchanger. Two of them go to the boiler feed and return piping and two go to the storage tank. Boiler water feeds through every other plate and domestic water feeds thorough the others. There is or should be a circulator on the wter heater that circulates domestic water through the tank and a zone valve on the boiler that circulates boiler water through the plate exchanger. Causes of no hot water.

1 - Tank circulator not working or improperly wired
    2 - Zone valve for water heater improperly wired
    3 - Manager issues
    4 - Plugged up plate exchanger.
    5 - Incorrect piping, although not likely if it was installed by a System 2000 dealer.

If you put this thing in and piped it wrong I suggest you get an authorized installer to straighten it out before you void the warranty. Besides which no reputable installer, me included is going to give you piping or wiring diagrams over the internet or anywhere else for that matter.
    sigpic

Comment

make sure the cold water into the tank feeds into the bottom of the tank not the top. one pipe from the exchanger feeds into the top of the tank and one feeds into the bottom and tees in with the cold on the bottom. is it like that?

Comment

does the boiler run? does the circulator run? is the circulator pointing down into bottom of tank? is the control on the tank set?

Comment

Joe, these are all mistakes a system 2000 installer would never make. If it's piped that way the homeowner installed if for sure. Either way, I've a feeling he's gone.
          sigpic

Comment

we just did one for my boss. it works great. but we did have training from a rep who came to our shop and fired one off right out of his truck and gave us easy to understand literature and video. Obviosly the owner has no literature.

Comment

Originally posted by stan'pipe joe View Post
              we just did one for my boss. it works great. but we did have training from a rep who came to our shop and fired one off right out of his truck and gave us easy to understand literature and video. Obviosly the owner has no literature.
              Awesome.
              West Trail Mechanical Ltd
              Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

got pics?
                ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
                X