X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving basement line under floor

I'm renovating a basement bathroom. The previous flush was on a platform, about 2' from the vertical stack, which goes into the floor. A tub, also on a platform, tied into the horizontal line between the elbow below the flush, and the "T" where the flush joined the stack.

Basically, from the "T" in the stack where the toilet ties in, there is 4-5" of 3" pipe, a "Y" for a vent (goes up wall and ties into stack above upstairs toilet), a "Y" for the tub drain, 90 elbow for flush, and the flange. This is all ABS piping, eastern Canada, 45 yr old house. Upstairs bathroom uses the same stack.

Ultimately, I'd like to get the plumbing into the concrete floor, to eliminate the need for a platform (low ceiling and 6' me, makes for awkward pee!). The stack had been previously cut, and reattached with rubber clamp, so I opened it up and measured to see how far below the concrete floor the exit line is, and it appears that I only have 3" from the floor surface to the top of the exit pipe. Local plumber said I need 6" to fit new "T". Here's my question - does the downstairs flush have to tie into that exit line using a vertical "T" into the stack, or, can I cut into the floor and change the elbow where the stack comes up through for a "T", then join the basement flush in after that "T"? So in the floor I would have: Exit line, "T" with vert stack tied in, then a horizontal elbow, "Y" for vent, "Y" for tub drain, 90 elbow up to flange at basement floor level. Does that question make sense?

TIA!!

Re: Moving basement line under floor

cut in a wye laying down on its side.
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
    X