X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure problems

I am having problems with water pressure,I am not a plumber,could use some help.I am on well water.Have never had problems with pressure before,but the other day was trying to take a shower,when my wife turned on the bathroom sink in the other bathroom,I lost almost all pressure in shower.This morning I heard a hissing sound,maybe like running water,but could not find anything,including outside faucets,that was turned on.Just needed some tips of what to look for when I climb underneath the house tomorrow to check it out.

Re: Pressure problems

first off, i would shut down your pump today.

tomorrow you will be swimming under your house and not crawling.

the hissing is a good size leak.

does your pump cycle when nothing is running?

if so, you have a leak.

shut it off till you can look at it. a hose clamp and rubber strip can make for a quick emergency bandaide if it's not too big a pin hole.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

a hose clamp and rubber strip can make for a quick emergency bandaide if it's not too big a pin hole.
      What in the world kind of advice is this? How about crawl under there and take a picture so we can determine if this is something you can/should attempt by yourself, or call a qualified professional. If a pin leak has developed it is more than likely a cobble of galvanized pipes stuck together on top of a pump or flex tubing/garden hose combination already stuck together with two dozen hose clamps. Please don't tell him to add another, because you know how temporary repairs quickly become permanent repairs to many DIY's.
      Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 10-24-2008, 06:46 PM.
      Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Not only that, it would shorten this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
          What in the world kind of advice is this? How about crawl under there and take a picture so we can determine if this is something you can/should attempt by yourself, or call a qualified professional. If a pin leak has developed it is more than likely a cobble of galvanized pipes stuck together on top of a pump or flex tubing/garden hose combination already stuck together with two dozen hose clamps. Please don't tell him to add another, because you know how temporary repairs quickly become permanent repairs to many DIY's.
          Wow man bad day?
          He said " Emergency Bandaid"
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

what kind of pressure tank do you have? Precharge (only one inlet/outlet on tank at bottom) or Air charge tank (inlet on one side, outlet on the other and a Air Volume Control valve about 2/3 of the way up the tank). You could be losing your Air charge back down the well or to the atmosphere and losing pressure at the same time without a water leak.

No emergency bandaids allowed in Ask the Plumbing Experts Please!

I used to do work in the old Radisson hotel in San Bernardino and I found a lot of those hoseclamp and rubber "emergency bandaids" yuck!
            ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
            X