ssp-1000 help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssp-1000 help

Just purchased this pump and installed today. Nothing wrong with the other pump other than it was 10 years old. Figured I would buy the best. Come to find out that the pump cycles too quickly. When water entering the pit, the water level does not even get to the top of the pump when the pump cycles. Also the pump runs too long. I feel the issue is with this new wave sensor, although it may be the "new thing", it is not working in my case. The way this pump cycles, it will burn out in no time.

Question - can the sensor be removed and placed elswhere in the pit given there is not adjustment on the pump.

Question - can the sensor be changed out for a pressure sensor and/or traditional float sensor?

I like the 1hp and the pumps ability to "empty the pit quickly" however, During a rain storm, the pump turns on every 20 seconds as the pit only fills up to about 10 inches or so then the pump turns on. The pump is louder then it should be and the 1 to 2 second grind at the end of the cycle is loud to. If the sensor can be moved and/or a different sensor installed as I had in the past, this pump would be viable, otherwise I think It will be going back, and if they will not take it back, it will make the garbage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: ssp-1000 help

The spec sheet on the pump says it turns on at 8" and off at 4". If yours is not doing this, it may need service. Your sump may be too small, which results in short cycles.

Comment

I too read the spec sheet. my pit is 30 inches deep 18 inches wide. does it really make sense for the pump to turn on when the water is only 8 inches from the top then turn off at 4 inches? 4 inches of water in an 18 inch diameter pit is about a gallon of water. This switch just does not make sense to me unless someone is using a pit 12 inches deep.

Comment

That pump may not be appropriate for your sump. But I don't remember any kind of switch set-up which had a range of 24" or so, which is what you are asking. I would contact one of the pump companies to see if they can come up with something for you.

Comment

Working...
        X