X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: vent for toilet

They are called Air Admittance Valves. You can put one in a wall but cover it with a grill so it can breathe and be accessed if needed (required). But someone was also right stating IPC doesn't care how far away a vent is for a toilet. You can vent two bathroom groups on one 1.5" vent pipe for IPC.
    What code are you under in GA? IPC, UPC??? Do you know? GPC Haha or maybe RNPC?
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

OMG check out this vent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7aVd...eature=related

ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

ok i wont use the vent in the wall, there is a sink in the wall i want to move the commode to. will the sink vent work for both the sin and commode?

Comment

First, you should really check your local code. Some place allow the Studor air admittance valve, and some do not. Besides the issue of eventual mechanical failure, there is another point: They relieve negative pressure on the drain, but do not relieve positive pressure, which can also occur.

Will it work? Sure.
          Is it legal? You have to find out.
          Will it have problems? God only knows.

Comment

MN allowed the Studor vent for *one day* and promptly banned it's use for good reason.
            Do it how ever you wish,and good luck.

Comment

Bless the state of Minnesota.
              sigpic

Comment

can i tye the commode into the vent for the lavatory? would that be safe?

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                  JTRoanoak,

im no plumber but why not use the vewnt stubbed out in the wall. i know im hardheaded, but seriously as a plumber or foot doctor, i see no difference if you vent it in a wall or 1000 feet above the house. a vent by definition is to let air in right? no house at least my old house is so tight it wont let the toilet flush. am i missing something big? i admit i am a dummy! lol
                  Really?

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                    can i tye the commode into the vent for the lavatory? would that be safe?
                    Most lavs are vented in 1-1/2" unles increased to larger size to accommodate another fixtures added requirements.

Water closets require a two inch vent.

The maximum distance for 3" from the vent to water closet will be no longer than 6 feet(UPC).This includes the riser on the trap arm.So if the toilet is wet vented underneath the tub you could loose another two feet on your trap arm distance dropping you down to four.

And people want to know why their toilet won't flush properly
                    Last edited by drtyhands; 10-31-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Yea, but youse guys have a code that makes sense

Actually though, because a toilet is a s trapped, full siphoning fixture it get's it's vent from the bowl itself and any further venting makes no difference, which is why the IPC has decided that vent to bowl distance is unlimited.
                      sigpic

Comment

I know all all the quotes start with originally posted by_______, but the next line has my name in it as he was answering me. I hope no one is associating me with the quotes!

Comment

Working...
                        X