New to me bathtub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me bathtub

I haven't seen all the latest gadgets etc. that are around the trades lately (one of the benefits of being retired) so I saw a bathtub today that is a new one for me. It is a fibreglas tub with a tubing around it (where it is not seen) that connects to a bunch of about 1/8" holes in the tub. There is a fan connected to the tubing that blows air into the warter--to make more bubbles, I guess. Have you seen these? Are there any problems with them? How do you keep the water from going in the holes if the fan isnt on? Any insight would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Jim

Re: New to me bathtub

When your in the tub for 10 minutes, your body will turn to jello. Jim, you really are behind on this. They are great to have......

http://www.jacuzzi.com/products/baths.php
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

OMG, I love the Airtubs

It's like bathing in expensive champagne

Comment

Bubble Matic Feels wonderfull but the water cools off quickly.
        sigpic

Comment

I installed my first one of these about five years ago and it came with a heater that kept the water warm, I just cant remember how it was hooked up but I think it warmed the air bubbles

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
            I installed my first one of these about five years ago and it came with a heater that kept the water warm, I just cant remember how it was hooked up but I think it warmed the air bubbles
            I am working on installing one of these currently, it has a heater to heat the air and a check valve to keep the water from flowing bak to the blower.
            ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Bain Ultra makes one that I have installed a few of, first one being 2-3 years ago, last one being early this year. No complaints on any of them, however they were all top end units with inline heaters, multiple air function settings etc.

Before I spent that kind of $ on a bathtub I think I'll put a hot tub in the backyard.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                When your in the tub for 10 minutes, your body will turn to jello. Jim, you really are behind on this. They are great to have......

http://www.jacuzzi.com/products/baths.php
                Garager, My body has already turned to jello! Ask my wife!! Thanks to the rest of you (you too, Garager) for the insight. A neighbor is having some remodeling done and that is what is going in. Just didn't know anything about them, so naturally I had to ask.

Comment

Working...
                X