X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a question for you guys

I need a new kitchen faucet, I'm tired of my old one. I do like the design of my old one, but the volume of water that comes out, is one thats made for California or the desert living area's. Major water saver and that stinks when your filling up a deep sink or buckets.

So without opening up the boxes and reading the paper work, is there a way to tell if I'm getting a faucet that allows a decent amount of water volume? Or should I do my research on the internet, thus better and more info perhaps. I really want one that'll blast a hole in a plastic plate, if you get my meaning. We do have a deep sink that needs to get filled and I don't want to go and take a dump , while I'm waiting for it to be filled...

Are they making all kitchen faucets with smaller inside dimensions, sort of like a national standard, for water savings. I would like to keep the cost somewhat down and not have to go into the $500.00 range for a faucet. Now I was told elsewhere to look at the commercial side of faucets. Is this where I need to shop to get my volume of water. 1/4" inside diameter just don't cut it for what we do in the kitchen, my wife is always filling up 5 gal buckets and refuses to use the tub, weird she is, weird...

Oh ya, this is not being restricted at the end of the spout, if you get my meaning (aerators).

I should also add, that I have 3/4" copper pipe all the way to the sink, the only thing that restricts the flow, is the faucet itself....
    Last edited by garager; 11-02-2008, 10:19 AM. Reason: Added more
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Got a question for you guys

Sorry Mark,I haven't been paying attention to the market as of yet.But You better believe I'll be watching this thread now bein' that more homeowners are for sure gonna start asking me this same question.

At the restaurant I put in 5 different configuration T&S brass(brand name) kitchen faucets,awesome volume,five gallon bucket in less than a minute easy.

3/4" to the kitchen.That's huge.What is your pressure like?
    Oh,wait a minute...You've been holding out on us.You live in a mansion and the kitchen run is over 100"
    Last edited by drtyhands; 11-02-2008, 12:19 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

does it have a pull out sprayer at the spout? if it does take the wand off from the hose on the inside of the wand where the hose attatches there is a small water saver (on most brands) i use a drywall screw to remove it. that should give you alot more volume and pressure.
      Mike
      Clark County Plumbing And Drain
      www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Sorry Mark,I haven't been paying attention to the market as of yet.But You better believe I'll be watching this thread now bein' that more homeowners are for sure gonna start asking me this same question.

At the restaurant I put in 5 different configuration T&S brass(brand name) kitchen faucets,awesome volume,five gallon bucket in less than a minute easy.

3/4" to the kitchen.That's huge.What is your pressure like?
        Oh,wait a minute...You've been holding out on us.You live in a mansion and the kitchen run is over 100"
        I have 3 kids, a dog, 3 horses, a cat, 8 rabbits and a bunch of fish, nope not rich and no big mansion. I replaced all my water lines, I think 1 1/2 yrs ago and replaced them with the same size. Thats because the water volume was great. Then I changed the faucet in my kitchen last spring, well its been pissing us off since then. I didn't realize that the internals dropped down to a 1/4" or less. My city water pressure is just fine, it is 100% my faucet problem.

Originally posted by haycad View Post
        does it have a pull out sprayer at the spout? if it does take the wand off from the hose on the inside of the wand where the hose attatches there is a small water saver (on most brands) i use a drywall screw to remove it. that should give you alot more volume and pressure.
        Nope, I don't have that and I have a Price Pfister, I don't know the model #, but this is the style....

http://www.pricepfister.com/kitchen/...on/Avalon.aspx

Anyhow, I'm just going to replace it anyway and we're thinking in the line of this style...

http://www.pricepfister.com/kitchen/...n/Cadenza.aspx
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Dirty Hands is on the right track, If your sink is still set up for an 8'' deck mount, consider some of the commercial Chicago faucets. No flow restrictions are present. I have yet to see really good flow from a single handle pull out spout kitchen faucet due to all of the internal spring loaded checks. But on a lot of the single handle faucets a lot of guys do not realize that there is a buried check at the hose connection at the base of the valve body that can be accessed from the under side of the sink if it is not yanked at the time of installation.

Comment

Just stub that 3/4" up through the holes in your kitchen sink, a couple of drop ells, and some nice 3/4" boiler drains. That is a sure sign that the homeowner is either a plumber or a redneck, or a little of both. A had a guy with an old mobile home faucet. He was so mad that he lived in a trailer that I ended up doing just the same thing to get water to the tub.
            Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 11-02-2008, 06:36 PM.
            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
              Just stub that 3/4" up through the holes in your kitchen sink, a couple of drop ells, and some nice 3/4" boiler drains. That is a sure sign that the homeowner is either a plumber or a redneck, or a little of both. A had a guy with an old mobile home faucet. He was so mad that he lived in a trailer that I ended up doing just the same thing to get water to the tub.
              wtf..?

Comment

It is a federal spec. which limits faucets to 2.2 gallon per minute. Unless you are a restaurant, I never had a complaint about flow in a kitchen faucet.

Comment

That's typical of a price pfister. The spray diverter screws things up internally.
                  If you really want to fill the buckets up fast, remove the spray head and turn on the faucet (just make sure you have it pointed in the right direction 'cause it will hit the ceiling)
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X