X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New clawfoot tub and air chambers

New bath addition,neatest wall is about 3 ft from faucet. My guess is to run air chambers there 1 ft above faucet height. Sound right? Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: New clawfoot tub and air chambers

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    New bath addition,neatest wall is about 3 ft from faucet. My guess is to run air chambers there 1 ft above faucet height. Sound right? Thanks Tool
    Here We have to use mechanical chambers. Close to an automatic valve. ie. washing machine Thats all we need. but you can put them anyplace upside down right side up sideways it doesn't matter. No hight requirement. They may have to be excesable?
    Last edited by saysflushable; 11-08-2008, 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Tool...My good man,
      If your administrative authority requires you to use one for this fixture go ahead.
      Fortunately I'm not in my area so I won't need to charge my customer to do so

ADAM

Comment

I've always been told that 18" is minimum size for an air chamber. A bathtub isn't a quick acting valve so I doubt it's needed though.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

We are talking about a run of pipe above a fixture that acts as an expansion area to prevent water hammer right?

Sorry, I went back and re-read the string....and answered my own question...lol
          Last edited by OkieBill; 11-09-2008, 02:08 PM. Reason: still asleep

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            I've always been told that 18" is minimum size for an air chamber. A bathtub isn't a quick acting valve so I doubt it's needed though.
            In S.F. 12" for 1/2" and 18" for 3/4"
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Anybody every hear about draining down a home with Air chambers every year or two to make sure the expansion areas have not filled with water?

Your thoughts?

Old plumber buddy always swore by it...

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                Anybody every hear about draining down a home with Air chambers every year or two to make sure the expansion areas have not filled with water?

Your thoughts?

Yes,I have good idea

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

Your thoughts?

We had a plumber here a few months ago that swore by the old school air chambers.His reasoning was that every plumbing system gets drained down at one time or another thereby re-introducing the depleted volume of air.Yeah,if one is aware that they have these hidden in their walls it would probably be a good idea to not only turn off all the water and drain,but to open all fixtures as well to break any water locks.If they were in my house they'd probably be useless,I haven't had my water off in more than three years.

Comment

Air chambers code in S.F.

Comment

Working...
                    X