X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: floor drain

As long as it is a floor drain that is trapped and goes to the sanitary sewer or septic and not into the storm you can direct the shower right into the drain . In my area it is perimible by code to run a lav , shower , laundry sink, bar sink into a trapped sanitary foor drain as long as you do not decrease the size of the drain. Actually it works great as a trap primer to prevent the water in the trap from evaporation and getting sewer gas in your house.
    I know Mustee make basement showers with extended floor bases just for this application. You should be fine but as said by others check with your local plumbing officials in your area to see if it is O K first and make sure that it is a trapped sanitary drain first.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      If We touch an old floor drain in SF ,We must install a trap primer, Makes sense.

wow... what a pain.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
        Here's a free-standing shower that has a side drain to go to a floor drain. One assumes that the shower will be close to the drain.

If there is water standing in the drain, there is probably a trap. But you need to be absolutely certain that this is actually a drain that's hooked to the sewer and not a french drain, which is usually a barrel full of gravel under the floor.

These are not particularly cheap, but they're made better than many others, and a door is available that fits them.
        this seems to be illegal under upc

Comment

You need traps for drains and vents for traps. In short...you need plumber.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
          X