alternative to jackhammering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: alternative to jackhammering

Thanks to all who have offered suggestions. If anyone else knows of a less invasive alternative please let me know.

Comment

Wouldn't there be any way of rerouting the sink and laundry lines somehow and reconnecting with the outgoing sewer line so as to bypass the broken pipe altogether? Maybe this could be done outside of the foundation with trenching. Just a thought.

Comment

One more follow up question regarding pipe relining. I have seen where this is commonly done on the lateral line to the main sewer line but can this procedure be done to a damaged pipe under the slab?

Comment

I'm sorry, but are graphic designers the only folks allowed to make a living.
          Price on camera was low,as was repair ! Tradesman have a lot of overhead, More than a graphic designer !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Paul,

All your concerns and attempts to find alternative solutions have thus far been based on the SUSPICION that the line is broken and again the supsicion that the break is in an unlucky place.

Make certain of what the problem is and where it is before trying to solve it.

Get it camera'ed. Make sure they have a jetter so they can clean it if necessary to see what needs seeing, and a locator (with a sonde, not the kind that energizes the whole line) to pinpoint the location of any problem(s) found.

If the line is damaged and needs to be exposed to be repaired, there may well be a way reroute the line above the slab and drop it in somewhere else, but there may not. Relining may also be an option.

But before you start spinning your head over the solutions, pay the money to understand the problem.

It would be best if the company doing the camera work also does relining and plumbing so they can tell you if it is an option to reline or reroute.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G. View Post
              Wouldn't there be any way of rerouting the sink and laundry lines somehow and reconnecting with the outgoing sewer line so as to bypass the broken pipe altogether? Maybe this could be done outside of the foundation with trenching. Just a thought.
              If you read the first reply to your thread I suggested you could reroute the line if the laundry was on an outside wall but you would still need to open the slab to cap off the broken line.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                If you read the first reply to your thread I suggested you could reroute the line if the laundry was on an outside wall but you would still need to open the slab to cap off the broken line.

Mark
                I dont think this guy is thankfull at all. Wouldnt bother anymore lads!
                I think youve all been plenty helpfull to someone that wants to throw a bunch of questions out there on a subject he clearly has no knowledge of!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
                  I dont think this guy is thankfull at all.
                  Maybe, but he should be allowed to ask. Not everyone can understand the art (yes, I consider plumbing an art) of plumbing as I am sure graphic designing is a mystery to others.

Comment

Originally posted by tchads View Post
                    Maybe, but he should be allowed to ask. Not everyone can understand the art (yes, I consider plumbing an art) of plumbing as I am sure graphic designing is a mystery to others.
                    You don't count 10 of our replys helpful ? Oz and I are right on this one.

Try the plumbing zone, and You'll see just how helpful We are !!!!!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Lighten up guys no one is forced to respond to him. To us this is an every day job but to a lay person it may seem overwhelming.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

To ozplumb and toolaholic,
                        Please see post #16 where I offer thanks to everyone who has responded. Sorry you don't think I'm thankful. Nothing could be further from the truth. This message board has been an extremely helpful resource. I'm no plumber, just a homeowner with a major plumbing problem on my hands trying to find alternative solutions. Ask me anything about graphic design ozplumb. I'll be happy to educate you no matter how many times you ask. If you're not interested in helping me I'm ok with that.
                        Last edited by Paul G.; 11-13-2008, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
                          I dont think this guy is thankfull at all. Wouldnt bother anymore lads!
                          I think youve all been plenty helpfull to someone that wants to throw a bunch of questions out there on a subject he clearly has no knowledge of!!!
                          Of course I have no knowledge of this subject. That's why I'm here asking questions. I'm sincerely seeking help and advice. If you don't want to help then that's quite alright. Feel free to ignore my posts.

Comment

Working...
                          X