X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dripping shower conundrum

Just replaced the stems in my shower to remedy a drip, but now there is no water pressure. What went wrong?

Re: Dripping shower conundrum

I need a little moe info to properly tell you what went wrong. But in most circumstances I have found that the problem is caused by pieces of the old washers that have broken off are blocking up the ports in the shower valve. You may want to pull the stems back out and take a look inside to make sure there is no debris inside causing the problem . You also might want to see if any sediment has blocked up inside the shower head itself. Simple to check this, just remove the head and see if there is any water pressure coming out of just the shower head arm itself

Comment

before you pull the stems back out pullthe shower head off there may be debri in there. what type of washers did you use flat, coned? it may be the washer you replaced it with is to large
      Mike
      Clark County Plumbing And Drain
      www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

most fancy heads have filter screens and all are suppose to have flow restrictors.

dirt/ debris has blocked this. remove head and flush line, clean restrictor/screen.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X