Bathroom floor around toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bathroom floor around toilet

If you've got it to stop leaking, it should be fine.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Let it dry and it will be fine...Does your handyman have plumbing insurance? Ask, because most dont! Most insurance companies are specific about the trades.

Comment

Thanks -- I'm not sure about it dryng out. We replaced the wax ring right away but we did wipe up and clean up as much as we could inside. Will that be all right? I figure it should be okay for a couple of months, not forever.

Comment

Hey guys,
          Well, I was just wondering if anyone had insight into this continuing problem. I had the wax ring replaced and we made sure it wasn't leaking before caulking around the toilet. The toilet is right next to the bathtub and in between that area, the floor is discolored from the wax ring leakage. However, the discoloration is still spreading a little bit. I'm not sure if something is still leaking or it's just because of the continuing damage from before??? Is it possible that it could be the bathtub?

I tried to take a picture but it wouldn't show up clearly.

Comment

I'd be surprised if it was anything to do with the tub drain. Ususally those sorts of problems will show up in the ceiling below the tub.

I'd pull the potty off again, being carefull to not spill any water while I did it so I can tell if the floor was wet under it before I pulled it, and make sure I didn't still have a leak under there. I've seen a hairline crack in the toilet leak and be mistaken for a wax ring problem, so look for that as well when you've got it off.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
            X