uponor manifold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uponor manifold

Plumbing a new home with uponor valved manifold system. I was hoping one advantage would be elimination of all the stops at the fixtures but now am having trouble finding a decent way to terminate the pex at the fixture. Thought of using drop-eared elbows through the wall (1/2" pex/1/2" FIP) but having trouble finding right fitting to go from 1/2" pipe nipple to 3/8" comp on supply lines. Should I go to a non-valved manifold and use the uponor pex stops now available? Or maybe come through the wall at sinks and toilets with the pex and connect direct with threaded adapters? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Ted

Re: uponor manifold

Not a fan of manifold systems.

Some codes require a stop at each fixture anyway. You'll have about the same amount of connections adapting to your fixtures in some way so.....

Just be done with it and put stop valves at each fixture.

J.C.

Comment

I am a fan of manifolds, (A fan o' folds if you will) but you should still have valves at the fixture anyways. If you are gonna forego the stops anyways, you can buy 1/2"pex x 3/8" comp. adapters, then use a standard supply tube to connect, or you can also buy pex x FIP adapters and pipe pex right to your faucet. In my area, a valve is compulsory at a toilet.
      West Trail Mechanical Ltd
      Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I don't like manifolds personally,*runs downstairs to try and stop the flood* but to each his own. They do look nice though. I would adapt straight to the fixture in your situation. I would make sure there isn't a code requirement for valves as mentioned earlier.

Comment

Working...
        X