X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper man

I am a copper man (old fashioned and semiretired), but now I see almost everyone is using PEX, I never used it, but now I am starting wondering if that will be a good idea. Any professional advice? How deep we have to bury it? Are this PEX reliable in the long run? Will need slack for temperature chances? Can be install directly at the meter or will need a transition (beside the coupling)? Can be expose when exits the ground to joint the inside house line? ... I saw one already installed that exit the ground and go up 2 feet expose and I didn't like it.

I appreciate any input

Re: Copper man

Originally posted by Esthy View Post
    I am a copper man (old fashioned and semiretired), but now I see almost everyone is using PEX, I never used it, but now I am starting wondering if that will be a good idea. Any professional advice? How deep we have to bury it? Are this PEX reliable in the long run? Will need slack for temperature chances? Can be install directly at the meter or will need a transition (beside the coupling)? Can be expose when exits the ground to joint the inside house line? ... I saw one already installed that exit the ground and go up 2 feet expose and I didn't like it.

I appreciate any input
    I wish they would prevent all installations except copper but have had to adapt also.

Some are more resistant but NO PEX CAN BE LEFT IN UV (SUN) FOR LONG PERIODS.

Bury depth varies by code. Below frost lines at coldest time of the year.

PEX has been deemed "reliable" as it has been used in Europe over 20 years.

Two major PEX manufacturers that I'm aware of have been sued or are being sued about leaks.

One major manufacturer is stopping production of their PEX water system.

It can be connected to the meter with the right adapter at the meter.

Long runs should be zig-zagged before burial.

CONSULT THE MANUFACTURERS RECOMMENDATIONS AND GO BY THAT REGARDLESS OF WHAT SOMEONE TELLS YOU ON THE INTERNET.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

Thank a lot J.C.

Comment

No problem.

Hope you stay awhile. I like Southwestern style Architecture. Might have a crazy question sometime.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Esthy View Post

I appreciate any input

OMG Thank you for showing up. I am a copper man 100%

PEX SUX @ PERIOD

Don't believe me fine The read :
          Copper Benefits For Using Copper Tubing For Mechanical Systems

Let's all stay with copper please

Comment

Working...
          X