standpipe height

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standpipe height

What is code for standpipe height at a washing machine? I know 2" diameter and venting. Is it distance from the floor? Length of pipe above the trap? I have had responses from two plumbers and a city plumbing inspector and had three different answers. I live in Alberta.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by riproy; 11-30-2008, 10:30 AM.

Re: standpipe height

Trap wier no higher than 18" no lower than 6" from floor.
    Standpipe from wier no shorter than 18" no longer than 30"
    UPC

Comment

Originally posted by riproy View Post
      What is code for standpipe height at a washing machine? I know 2" diameter and venting. Is it distance from the floor? Length of pipe above the trap? I have had responses from two plumbers and a city plumbing inspector and had three different answers. I live in Alberta.
      Cheers.
      As of august they now want a 2'' trap - top of stand pipe min 32'' from the floor. Standpipe cannot be more then 36'' - trap weir to above F.L.R.
      NPC 2.4.2.1

Comment

Once again, different code answers for the same question from everywhere. But of course every code just has to be right.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by riproy View Post
          Cheers.
          Dirtyhands is right 18-30" for UPC. However you are in Canada so the trap wier can't be higher or lower than a beer can. Not a US beer, it has to be one of those high alcohol content Canadian beers. Then the standpipe can be 4 to 8 beer cans high
          Last edited by mtnman1100; 12-03-2008, 01:12 AM.
          ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

2.4.9.3.3 (appendix A) is the clause in N.P.C for washer stand pipes. top of stand pipe 32 inches (810 mm) mininum from floor , 24 inches (610 mm) minimum length, 36 inches (900mm) maximium length

Comment

Originally posted by The Reverend View Post
              2.4.9.3.3 (appendix A) is the clause in N.P.C for washer stand pipes. top of stand pipe 32 inches (810 mm) mininum from floor , 24 inches (610 mm) minimum length, 36 inches (900mm) maximium length
              Have you seen the recent Standata?

http://www.municipalaffairs.alberta....hesWashers.pdf
              You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Can we make up our minds about this Code in AB...They really like to change this code up.
                West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

36" I keep it level with the kit counter

Comment

code in Ohio says the standpipe has to be a minimum of 18 inches and a max of 42 inches above the trap weir . The trap needs to be at least 2 inches and drain into a 3 inch branch

Comment

same here as in Ohio then, except we aren't required to use a 3 inch branch. Though I remember that being an amendment to the North Carolina code when I worked there.
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

NC:

2" Standpipe
                        2" Trap
                        35" above the finished floor
                        24" Minimum
                        48" Maximum
                        No trap on an exterior wall unless 2"x6"
                        Increase drain to 3" within 6'
                        No crown vent
                        If copper pipe-must have hammer arrestors on the box
                        No drilling 2" pipe horizontally through ANY studs. Doubled or non load bearing.

J.C.

Comment

Yes, HondaHead I have seen the standata. With our hard water suds are something seldom seen.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            NC:

No drilling 2" pipe horizontally through ANY studs. Doubled or non load bearing.

J.C.
                            mild curiosity, What's that all about? does it only apply to 2x4?
                            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                              mild curiosity, What's that all about? does it only apply to 2x4?
                              Yes. Only 2"x4". Not enough wood left to meet code.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X