Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: water main pricing

Originally posted by khlee815 View Post
    What does the "bank run" mean?
    Bank-run sand is a type of fill used in construction. It is usually just taken from the "bank" of the river and then used in it's raw form rather than any processing.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

As a small plumbing outfit in central arkansas, we charge $79/per man hour. the rates in Nashville should be similar, although they could be slightly higher. I'll lay out my costs for a job that you described:

100' Type L sleeved : $300
      trencher/excavator: $300
      permit: $50
      labor: $1500 (or $158 x 10hours) assuming we have problems

total: $2150

Actually, this is on the high side and could probably be done for a bit less. Not sure about the profile of your neighborhood, but in Little Rock, plumbers pricing reflects the zip code and you should be aware of this as it applies to you.

Comment

You can use "L" type copper for underground water supply to a house? In Toronto, only "K" type is acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
          You can use "L" type copper for underground water supply to a house? In Toronto, only "K" type is acceptable.
          Yes.

K-Even better.

J.C.

Comment

I just charged $3,000 for 50' of* sewer pipe replacement.* Five feet at the house nine feet at the edge of the property where I tied into the sewer line.. big job to do it properly and safely.* I had to step the width of trench back twice to get to the correct depth safely.-Tom

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              By the way for anyone wondering the frostline in Nashville is 12".

Mark

I like that 12" frost line in Nashville....In Toronto minimum is 4 feet. I remember replacing a collapsed clay sewer line with my dad in January some years back. It was a particularly cold January (are any Januarys warm in Toronto?). Anyway the top 20 inches of soil were frozen solid! Like concrete! Had to break through the soil with an electric jack hammer, the rest had to be dug with a shovel, gas and water lines close by- no backhoe here!

Comment

5'-9'! Wow! That's standard where you live in such a cold climate. Here in SW Florida, there is no frost line. Water lines only have to be 12" deep by code. Based on the digging/trenching involved, I think your $3000 is a bargain!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
                  OPC and IPC allow K and L soft copper for underground water distribution system.

Comment

In your area, is the "dig alert" service free? Don't even think about digging before it is tested.

Around here, if there is fiber optics, or what they call level 3, then Telco standby is required. You do pay for that!

Comment

In Ontario, you call one number (1-800) to get them to come out and mark ALL the utilities (water, gas, sewer, electric, cable, phone, etc.). I also called them when I replaced a fence where the posts went down 4 feet. The service is free, and they came out in 1 day!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X