X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culligan reverse osmosis facuet help please

I have a Culligan reverse osmosis system. It works just fine. The problem is at the faucet.
    It has 2 "O" rings and they are worn. Searching the Culligan and similar sites is just an exercise in frustration. I don't need a new expensive faucet! It leaks a bit when the lever is pressed thus the "O" rings are worn out and I need two new ones.

I suspect they are 1/4" ID and 3/8" OD ...I'm not sure how thick they are but suspect 1/16"

I saw a two pack at Lowes for 58 cents. I installed them and I still have a slight leak.
    I also looked through my "metric" "O" ring collection and nothing is close.

I suspect Culligan may have a unique size???? But I really doubt it.

The owners/parts manual has no information what so ever and I'm at a wall here looking for information.

The faucet is the stock chrome style with the black plastic handle in the back; it's not fancy. The actual spout does not show any signs of wear or rust. Bottom line is I need two new "O" rings. The valve works well and shuts the water off when the lever is released. You have to press the lever with a little force [minimal] and the valve operates properly and water flows through the spout. during the flow, there is slight seepage around the spout where it seats into the faucet base. Upon releasing the lever the flow stops immediately but there is a tiny amount of water where the spout fits into the faucet base.

Anyone out there familiar with this faucet? and where I can locate the correct "O" rings?

Thanks

Cactus Man

Re: Culligan reverse osmosis facuet help please

Those faucets you are referring to are a dime a dozen. I would remove it and install a 1/4 turn faucet, available from many different suppliers.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

why not take the o-rings to a plumbing supply house and let them match them up?

Comment

Sound like a touchflo faucett,it is rebuildable. Contact your local culligan man should be less than 5 bucks. Most times culligan puts in thier own proprietary faucet, trash that one if thats the case. Been a long time since installing culligan equip. The new 1/4" turn ceramic disc faucets are very nice, thats the way I'd really go.

wookie

Comment

Some of the Culligan water dispensers have an air gap built into them, how many tubes are running up to this from the under side of the sink?

Comment

Thanks folks for your input.

I installed the "O" ring I described in my original post.
            It seems to have resolved the challenge.

This is an older faucet and is not the air gap type.
            In fact just for your information the osmosis membrane
            is over twenty years old and is still performing as if it was new!

This is achieved because the ancillary filters have been changed
            on a regular schedule. Since I recently re-plumbed our home and
            now have Wisbro-Pex instead of galvanized pipe, I bet the filters
            will last longer too. Yes we use the water a lot during the day too.
            I'd estimate 3-5 gallons per day, lots of coffee!

The last time the unit was serviced the technician was impressed with the
            membrane lasting so long and did mention [on the side] the newer membranes
            will never last as long, likely 5 years +/-.

Cactus Man

Comment

20 years is impressive, I would be interested to know if the membrane is a CTA or TFC . TDS reading?

wookie

Comment

Where is your discharge water going?

Comment

Well, guess what; I got exactly the same problem. I was wondering if you could tell me how to take the spout out of the faucet? Thanks in advance.

Comment

The spout pulls straight up/off.
                    The lever will still be engaged so you won't get a spout of water flowing.

Depending upon the leak you have you can slide the lever off..back...
                    then the "T" you see looking down rotate it 1/4 to 1 turn clockwise to tighten.
                    reassemble and determine if the leak stops -or- replace the spout "O" rings

my discharge water supplies my septic system. where the unit is located prohibits running the drain water to a garden.

total TDS= city water 415 osmosis water 23

Cactus Man

Comment

I had an issue with my culligan faucet, and it has a lifetime warranty. I brought it to culligan, and they replaced it no questions asked. Give em a call and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
                      X