Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portable washer screws up heat and hot water?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable washer screws up heat and hot water?

I have a portable washer that I connect to my sink in a small apartment. Now - the cold/hot water has become REVERSED in the shower and the hot water HEAT does not work.

Is this related to the use of the portable washer?

The hot/cold water in the shower has been reversed for maybe 6 mos. now yet I have used the washer for close to 3 years.

The hot/cold water IS NOT reversed in the kitchen sink or in the bathroom sink.

Re: Portable washer screws up heat and hot water?

No.

Call landlord. He/She call plumber.

J.C.

Comment

No kidding. Obviously I will do that but - I'm not suppose to have my own washer - violates the lease - so I'm still wondering - if it was the washer that might have reversed the hot/cold in the shower and if it might have also screwed up the hot water heating.

Comment

When your not using your portable washer make sure your faucet is always turned off, you could be creating your own problems.

Comment

Based on the information you give.

NO!

J.C.

Comment

I DO always disconnect the portable washer hose and turn off the sink faucett that I attache it to when not using it.

Comment

So the hot and cold only reversed at the shower faucet?

That's likely where the problem is

hide the washer when the plumber comes over

Comment

Yes - I was planning on hiding it in the closet but want to use it again after the problem is fixed. I am looking to know if the washer connected to the sink (only when in use) could have caused the hot/cold to be reversed in the shower? I want to go back to using the washer after the problem is fixed.

Also - the hot water heat is not working at all.

I know you said no but I am looking for other opinions too.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Your problem may be from your neighbor who also has the same washer hook up that you have. They probably got the idea from you. Tell them to turn off their faucet when their not using the machine.

Comment

Yes. It is completely your fault for using this appliance outside of your lease terms. You should call the property owner and tell them what you've done and make arrangements to pay for whatever needs to be done to correct this.

J.C.

Comment

Well I sure don't intend to advertise that I used the washer nor tell the landlord.

Comment

Why would you be dishonest? Don't understand that. Anyway.

Good Luck.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
                          Your problem may be from your neighbor who also has the same washer hook up that you have. They probably got the idea from you. Tell them to turn off their faucet when their not using the machine.

what do you mean? I guess you must be joking - I have no idea what my neighbor has but I doubt he has a portable washer like me. There is no washer hookup other than the portable washer that connects to the sink faucet.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Why would you be dishonest? Don't understand that. Anyway.

Good Luck.

J.C.
                            It's a small luxury that I enjoy and the landlord is a douchebag anyways. Raised the rent on me when they said they wouldn't, no heat so I figure it's only just.

Comment

As far as I know in all states a landlord is required by law to provide heat as part of any agreement at his expense. You pay for utilities or it's included but it must be functioning properly.

Your portable washer should not have anything to do with your heat.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X