X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culligan Water Softener & Drinking Water Systems

This is my first post and it is made out of desperation!!! We have a 2 1/2 year old system and our drinking system quit working all at once. My husband checked the tank and there wasn't any pressure. He put in 50psi and it worked better than ever until today. I called the dealership where we bought it and was answered with complete and utter hatefulness. She said no more than 7 lb. psi and when that didn't work, another person said no more than 20 lbs. psi. They refuse to come check it out unless we agree to pay for a service call. Culligan says it's parts and such have a lifetime warranty. What should we do???

Re: Culligan Water Softener & Drinking Water Systems

It sounds like your talking about an undersink RO system right? If so, that tank is what the treated water is stored in. 50 psi is way too much and different companies recommend different pressures for their tanks which has a lot to do with trying to give you more storage at the life of the tanks expense.

If I were you, I would just never call Culligan again for anything. Go with a local treatment dealer. Ask around who your friends recommend.
    Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

mm

i don't work for culligan. have you done any maintenance on this puppy? change any filters? putting 7 times the recommended charge in there will not do much for the warranty. you would be paying a service call to get me out. breid..............

Comment

I had the same luck with Culligan, I WILL NOT ever deal with that company again. I would start at the source where the water supply comes into the system. One of the screens or one of the filters are plugged. putting more pressure just forced the water throught the dirt, and now it's just to plugged to work. If you have anyone come in and look at your system your going to have a $100 bill. These are simple systems. if your hubby could figure out how to up the pressure he should be able to find a plugged screen or filter..DIY!!

Comment

Another thing, I don't know what you had to pay Culligan for the RO, but those things are cheap and you could buy another one and install it yourself for less than $250.00. Why pay them close to that when they treat you that way?
          Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Culligan is designed so no one can get parts except them. I do not like there systems for the above reason stated above and they r way to expensive. Stay away from them, drop back and punt and find something else. I hate ro systems , they seem always to be a nuisance and seem to leak a lot and have been asked to remove many of them. I am not an expert on them but that is just my 2 sense.
            The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Contact the WQA - water quality association, for a referral of a pro. Parts for a culligan are available to those in the business but they are more expensive. I subcontracted for culligan years ago, decent units but way overpriced. RO systems are good products just have to be serviced by someone who knows what they're doing. Not rocket science but more to it than changing filters.

7-8 psi on the tank when EMPTY!

wookie

Comment

Working...
              X