Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BrassCraft "Push Connect" 1/4-turn valves?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BrassCraft "Push Connect" 1/4-turn valves?

Originally posted by bryanff View Post
    JCsPlumbing

Thanks for the conversation. I think I'm calling it a night.
    G'night bryanff. Talk to you soon.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      I hope you don't mean 13,700 square foot house!?!?! That's huge to me.

J.C.
      jesus that's massive. Bryan must be confused.
      West Trail Mechanical Ltd
      Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I could have 5000 loyal customers all paying me less than I need to make to survive. As a financial advisor that should seem pretty basic?

A few years back we went flat rate. Everyone said we would fail. Business is doing very well even in these times. What it did do was get rid of all the cheapskate deadbeats that we had been carrying for years.

Never confuse paying a little with value.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          I hope you don't mean 13,700 square foot house!?!?! That's huge to me.
          One to many zeros. 1,370 sq ft.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            I could have 5000 loyal customers all paying me less than I need to make to survive. As a financial advisor that should seem pretty basic?
            It does, but the odds that you would have 5000 customers not paying enough would be slim. My example was just adjusting the float. Nothing big, nothing major. A great opportunity to show a good faith effort to gain a loyal customer. I never said to charge less to replace a water heater or R and R the toilet. It was just adjusting a float.

Comment

Odds are, if the float needed 'adjustment', the fillvalve was actually malfunctioning, old and needed to be replaced.
              If I personally had went on that job, I know exactly what I would have done. And hopefully they would be very happy with it. Since the fillvalve is old, the flapper is also old and getting stiff or deteriorating. Also, replacing the fillvalve means replacing the supply. I use fluidmaster Brass shank PRO45b fillvalves. I also use chemical-resistant flappers, and stainless steel burst-proof supplies. I would have drained the tank, replaced all above parts with the parts I just described and gave them a full 5 YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY. All for only $151!
              I guarantee they would be happy with that kind of quality and value. I NEVER GO ON A SERVICE CALL AND JUST ADJUST FLOATS!!! THAT IS NOT PROFESSIONAL IMO. IF they called a pro, they should be getting a pro job. PERIOD.

So I agree with you in principle. The guy should have rebuilt the toilet with professional grade parts and given a high warranty to justify his price.
              Adjusting a float is not a professional job.
              So his price wasn't really the problem at all, it was horrible lack of professional customer service.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                5 YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY. All for only $151!

I was right there with you until the 5 year warranty.

What about homes with 50 year old galvanized water lines?

Deposits in the pipe coming loose and causing the valve to leak?

We have alot of old homes here.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                  I was right there with you until the 5 year warranty.

What about homes with 50 year old galvanized water lines?

Deposits in the pipe coming loose and causing the valve to leak?

We have alot of old homes here.
                  I haven't had a single callback yet on one. I have put in about 100 so far in my own business. At my old company, I had maybe one callback per year on these. Big deal. If you don't offer a 5 year warranty, and I do, who wins the customer over time?
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I haven't had a single callback yet on one. I have put in about 100 so far in my own business. At my old company, I had maybe one callback per year on these. Big deal. If you don't offer a 5 year warranty, and I do, who wins the customer over time?

More power to you, brother.

I'll find other ways to win them over.

Comment

You know, I can see your point and did in fact operate like that for many years. Unfortunatly the figures never lie and with the cost of doing business these days times have changed. I suppose it's unfortunate but just a fact of business. Now off the record do I still give deals to little old ladies on a fixed income.............yes. but keep it under your hat.
                      sigpic

Comment

Use em, your gonna have a flood anyway using PEX
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                          Use em, your gonna have a flood anyway using PEX
                          I could use you on another forum
                          sigpic

Comment

Odds are, if the float needed 'adjustment', the fillvalve was actually malfunctioning, old and needed to be replaced.
                            If I personally had went on that job, I know exactly what I would have done. And hopefully they would be very happy with it. Since the fillvalve is old, the flapper is also old and getting stiff or deteriorating. Also, replacing the fillvalve means replacing the supply. I use fluidmaster Brass shank PRO45b fillvalves. I also use chemical-resistant flappers, and stainless steel burst-proof supplies. I would have drained the tank, replaced all above parts with the parts I just described and gave them a full 5 YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY. All for only $151!
                            Thank you for that. I didn't know that if the float needed adjustment, that something else needed repair. It makes since, though. If there was a problem with the adjustment on the float, there would have been a problem from the very beginning. Something else had to give to require an adjustment.

Now I know we made the right decision by not calling him back. It sounds like he might have been trying to double up. Charge a fee now, and come back when the fill-valve crapped out completely or couldn't be adjusted away!!

Comment

$151 is reasonable to re-gut the toilet. 5 yr warranty, too. That does seem a little much (5yr that is), but if your fishing for return customers, that'll do it!

Comment

Working...
                              X