Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I use??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: What should I use??

    I've got a different "colorful" language I also use from time to time.

    Don't make me go plumber on you.

    J.C.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: What should I use??

      Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      I've got a different "colorful" language I also use from time to time.

      Don't make me go plumber on you.

      J.C.
      AH,
      "The language of eloquence"

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: What should I use??

        Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        I've got ....... time to time.

        Don't make me go plumber on you.

        J.C.
        My girlfriend accuses me of this. I tell customers its just sewer gas.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: What should I use??

          I guess I am a prick to those who deserve it. You have got such self proclaimed mad plumbing skills, I think this is the answer you deserve. You have been cutting our licensed throats, so here ya go.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: What should I use??

            The title of this forum is "ask the experts"

            not

            "Get the answer you want to hear"

            or

            "Whine because complete strangers have no idea of my capability but use the caliber of the question I ask as the guide to my experience level and decide I'm a rookie and recommend at leat a DIY Book or a Pro."


            The Pros here would do folks a greater disservice by attempting to walk every know-it-all through every plumbing project (Rick even has his limits from what I have seen).


            Some people...
            Last edited by OkieBill; 12-19-2008, 08:47 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: What should I use??

              Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              The title of this forum is "ask the experts"

              not

              "Get the answer you want to hear"

              or

              "Whine because complete strangers have no idea of my capability but use the caliber of the question I ask as the guide to my experience level and decide I'm a rookie and recommend at leat a DIY Book or a Pro."


              The Pros here would do folks a greater disservice by attempting to walk every know-it-all through every plumbing project (Rick even has his limits from what I have seen).


              Some people...

              It is quite possible for someone to posses the skills to complete the job I described, but not have the experience to know what material is best to use. I never asked anyone to walk me through anything. I simply asked what materials you would use for the job. If i needed to be walked through it I wouldn't be attempting it myself. I have seen many jobs done by licensed plumbers where PVC is exposed to UV rays, so for you to think that someone that doesn't know this fact about PVC is a "rookie" is an unfair assumption.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: What should I use??

                Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                I guess I am a prick to those who deserve it. You have got such self proclaimed mad plumbing skills, I think this is the answer you deserve. You have been cutting our licensed throats, so here ya go.

                For one, I never said anything about "mad skills" or anything similar. I don't quite understand the cutting throats comment, but it doesn't bother me. The question I asked did not indicate in anyway that I was incapable of doing the job, it only showed that I don't do this everyday.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: What should I use??

                  Originally posted by futuresweets10 View Post
                  I have never seen so many people on a forum be complete pricks.

                  Check out the threads at Fark.com. It'll blow your mind.
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: What should I use??

                    oh, and threaded galvanized, no UV issues, you can tag it with a weadeater, with no concern, and unless you happen to have a vice and threader die, you'll need to call someone with the ability to talk you out of this.
                    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: What should I use??

                      Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                      oh, and threaded galvanized, no UV issues, you can tag it with a weadeater, with no concern, and unless you happen to have a vice and threader die, you'll need to call someone with the ability to talk you out of this.
                      Thank you, someone who actually wants to answer a simple question. I do have access to equipment to thread it, so thats no prob. At this point im debating if I just want to tear up some concrete and do it the right way.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X