X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rigid SSEP500 Sewage Pump not shut off

What threw me I found out they were buying Hydromatics sumps for $55.00 and SKV 40 $125.00 SKV 50 $165.00 that a good price but they were buying over 100 at a time each
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I have the exact same problem. My injector pump went out and I went to Home Depot and bought the same model contained in this post, which was the most expensive one, thinking it would be best and last the longest. I am not a plumber, but it looked well built. After about three months, the pump would not shutoff. I called Rigid, waited, waited, and when I got to a real person. He suggested to take it back to home depot. Home depot would not take it back. We called rigid and were placed on hold for about 15 min. Finally home depot got tired of waiting and told me to get the same model. They would not take back the old pump, since it was used, it was considered an enviormental hazard. But he clipped the power chord off the old pump, which had a tag. He told me he would mail the power chord back to rigid. Here I am again, about six months later with the same problem from the same crappy pump. I do not want to take it back, just to get the same crappy pump and have it to pull it out again. I am really disapointed with Rigid, generally speaking I have been happy with their tools.

** I also would like to add that this is a home that is less than five years old and we rarely use the toliet\shower in the basement.
      Last edited by cubicalrat; 09-09-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
        ya unfortunatly ther called zoeller
        http://www.zoellerpumps.com/ProductB...x?ProductID=81

Yep Agree
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have replaced it 3 times in about 4 months. Same thing. Doesn't shut off. None of them did after about 2 weeks of usage. This equipment is a pice of garbage. All the work, the headache and the mess. We should all invoice Ridgid for all the extra expenses.
          Once It's OK that I pay for the replacement cost, but after that it is because of the defult product they are selling. Replacing, driving, time, cleaning new pipes glue etc... It should be recalled or they should send their workers to replace it at no charge....

Comment

Originally posted by attilahypnotist View Post
            I have replaced it 3 times in about 4 months. Same thing. Doesn't shut off. None of them did after about 2 weeks of usage. This equipment is a pice of garbage. All the work, the headache and the mess. We should all invoice Ridgid for all the extra expenses.
            Once It's OK that I pay for the replacement cost, but after that it is because of the defult product they are selling. Replacing, driving, time, cleaning new pipes glue etc... It should be recalled or they should send their workers to replace it at no charge....

Always pay for products like this with a credit card. Then dispute the charge and you'll be compensated fully for the defective product.

If a product or service does not live up to expectation, and you can prove that beyond the hardship created, the credit card companies almost always fight for you the consumer, knowing that 80% that dispute a credit card charge are usually legit.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Waste builds up on top of pump and hangs over onto the sensor causing it to constantly run. You need to open holding tank and clean off the top of the pump and wipe down the sensor. I notified the company that makes the pump and sent them info on how I solved this problem but they were not interested.
              I made a cap for the top of the pump that will not allow waste build up on the pump, it seams to have solved the problem.

Comment

longislandsun@aol.com
                I don't know how to attach pictures to this reply. So if your interested in what I made to stop the Rigid 500 sewage pump from running send me an e-mail and I'll show you pictures of what I made.

Comment

Working...
                X