Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid SSEP500 Sewage Pump not shut off

I have the same problem as previous poster "northen1"

My old ejector pump quit and I replaced it with the Ridgid SSEP-500 about 5 months ago. I insalled it to eject washing machine water and sewage from a very lightly used toilet in my basement. It worked fine in the begining but now, after ejecting a load into my septic tank. it does not shut off. The pump keeps humming and trying to pump. After and hour or so, it does shut off but once the pump pit fills again, it starts all over and will not shut off.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? My basement is now starting to smell of sewage.

Re: Rigid SSEP500 Sewage Pump not shut off

Same shutoff problem as all the other posts I've read. This last time a piece of TP stuck to the sensor. I think if we all hound Ridgid enough they might issue a recall or give us float sensors to replace the electronic sensor. I'm starting Monday.

Comment

Well I am glad I am not the only one. I have had the same problem. The tank empties but the silly thing wont cycle off. So your experience is that it is probably TP on the sensor?

Comment

did you try to unstick the switch, that usually works

Comment

I have a friend who I helped install this same or similar pump. You know the pump with the guarantee that the switch would last the life of the pump. I guess they were right at this rate the pump will burn out in a year. Anyway same issue pump does not turn off. As a temporay fix I had my firend dump a couple of 5 gallon buckets down the toilet to try and wash off the desbris that is causing the issue. It ssem to work until something else causes a problem. Even if they recall the product are they going to cut check for the labor to replace???
          Last edited by jbcartland; 02-13-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Same problem as everyone else. I can't believe someone would invent a sewage pump that cannot have sewage, paper or anything else touch the sensor or it will run constantly. So far, I have had to create a hole in the sump lid so I can clear the sensor on a regular basis.
            I would not recommend buying this pump or any other pump that has a sensor on it.

Comment

These pumps have the same switches as another brand [Blue Angel] the pumps seem to be fine but the switches are a problem. After months of going bback and forth with the manufacturer they came up with a second generation switch. These also failed on a regular basis. I wish you good luck on getting a recall as I do not think it will happen. After working with the manufacturer to no success I had to return two pallets of these pumps as I could not afford to keep going back to my customers and saying we had a new answer and looking like a fool when it failed again. There are other companies that make switches that mount to the discharge pipe and have the same piggyback plug, that is the only option I can see for you if you continue to have problems.

Comment

I am having similar problems. The replacement pump has burned up after two months. Now I am having trouble with Ridgid's warranty department getting back with me. The first pump lasted three months. This one two months. The first time it failed I called Ridgid. They told me to take it back to Home Depot. Home Depot was reluctent at first to take it back, due to the sanitary issues. However, they took it back due to the fact that they know me (I am an electrical contractor). Now I'd hate to have to try to return another one two months later. I need this replaced soon. My tank alrm is already going off.

I am also pretty reluctent to install another one of these units. If I can, I'd probably opt to get my $300.00 back.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
                Last edited by kevc66; 09-01-2010, 05:30 PM.

Comment

ya unfortunatly ther called zoeller
                  http://www.zoellerpumps.com/ProductB...x?ProductID=81
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I love Rig tools and have lots but they need to stay out of the pump biss. and stick to what they build TOOLZZZZZ just my
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

A few years ago we were having problems with the Zoeller pumps burning out within 2 months. The switches in them were going bad and I contacted John Zoeller about the problem.

We got away from Zoeller for a few months back then..but have since returned to them, and no problems.

I'm a Hydromatic fan for sewer ejector pumps. But rarely put them in cause nobody stocks them here.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                        A few years ago we were having problems with the Zoeller pumps burning out within 2 months. The switches in them were going bad and I contacted John Zoeller about the problem.

We got away from Zoeller for a few months back then..but have since returned to them, and no problems.

I'm a Hydromatic fan for sewer ejector pumps. But rarely put them in cause nobody stocks them here.
                        for the first 8 years of service I worked for a comany that bought Hydromatic sumps and ejectors by the palot loads and all at once switch failier one after another then they switched to another pump last year I talked to a rep was trying to get them to buy Hydromatics again and told us the problem with switches was due to the old switches had a brass bolt were the mounting bolt screwed to and they got cheap and removed it and were screwing bolt directly into plastic switch causing switch to crack and fail thats just what I was told awnsers why when I reached into pit once to check switch and got a tingle
                        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

But the SKV 50 from Hydromatic is one k!ller kick a$$ ejector pump when I do us them which I do
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                            for the first 8 years of service I worked for a comany that bought Hydromatic sumps and ejectors by the palot loads and all at once switch failier one after another then they switched to another pump last year I talked to a rep was trying to get them to buy Hydromatics again and told us the problem with switches was due to the old switches had a brass bolt were the mounting bolt screwed to and they got cheap and removed it and were screwing bolt directly into plastic switch causing switch to crack and fail thats just what I was told awnsers why when I reached into pit once to check switch and got a tingle
                            Never put in that many Hydromatics to have that type of problem. I won a Hydromatic sump pump at a Plumbing Expo back in the Mid 90's and it's still running strong to this day in my pop's house.

Little Giant - Zoeller - and Liberty pumps dominate our area.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              Never put in that many Hydromatics to have that type of problem. I won a Hydromatic sump pump at a Plumbing Expo back in the Mid 90's and it's still running strong to this day in my pop's house.

Little Giant - Zoeller - and Liberty pumps dominate our area.
                              the pumps them selfs last for long time we were haveing problem with switches the presue switches to be specific . The problem was for short time as I stated befor just $$$ wise company spent in short time fixing them with no rembursment from Hydromatic took them a littel convincing to start using them again like Hydromatic giveing them a pallet of pumps and they did 30 to a pallet when they were going through that in a month
                              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                              X