Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Closet Flange Connection

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Fine by me.

What code? Seriously? Number? Appendix? Table? Exclusion? Inclusion?

Curious.

Thanks.

J.C.
    I already told you its approved by the UPC several times. Show me where the upc says its not ok.

Comment

Okay guys let's take it down a notch.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        I already told you its approved by the UPC several times. Show me where the upc says its not ok.
        I only have to use the IPC. Believe it or not I'm just interested in how things are done differently.

Under IPC it is or was NOT approved. I'll try to cite the code for anyones' interest. Book in one of the trucks. I think.

Or anyone else please list the specific approval or disapproval for either code.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Okay guys let's take it down a notch.

Mark
          My notch is not up yet.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            So the question remains where is here? So we can call the local plumbing inspctor and ask them if a fitting glued to the inside of a pipe is approved there.

The flange is commercially produced and carries the stamps of the UPC and astm. Call the UPC and get back with me.

Comment

Either back up your post with evidence and proof or end this nonsense. We have 6 pages now and not one single verifyable link that backs up your statements. Just because you say it's approved does not mean Jack unless you can prove it, so prove it or end it. That it "works" has never been in question. Lot's of illegal things work. Radiator hose and a couple clamps "work" We are concerned with the legality of the procedure.
              sigpic

Comment

The flange is approved for its INTENDED USE. Nowhere in the UPC or the IPC does it say that you can use the flange in that configuration. In fact, under general rules it specifically says that you can not use either the fitting or the pipe in any manner other than the manufacturers installation specifications and since the flange is a 3" FEMALE flange, its indended use it to accept 3" pipe in the female socket.
                sigpic

Comment

Under Wisconsin code it is approved based on AstmD2661 and Astm D2665 which are the numbers found on the Oatey website for the 4x3 closet flange which states they can be glued over 3" or inside 4" PVC, it also states it holds UPC listings. The plumbing products section, WI Comm 84, says if the PVC fittings hold these listing they are approved. Moreover, there is no way anyone can tell me a glued 4x3 is not preferable to a siliconed add a flange, I realize in a perfect world we would know exact finished floor heights at rough in but that is almost never the case in residential anymore, at least around here.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    The flange is approved for its INTENDED USE. Nowhere in the UPC or the IPC does it say that you can use the flange in that configuration. In fact, under general rules it specifically says that you can not use either the fitting or the pipe in any manner other than the manufacturers installation specifications and since the flange is a 3" FEMALE flange, its indended use it to accept 3" pipe in the female socket.
                    The manufacture says it is designed to be glued into 4" pipe. Sorry .

Comment

Originally posted by bartnc37 View Post
                      Under Wisconsin code it is approved based on AstmD2661 and Astm D2665 which are the numbers found on the Oatey website for the 4x3 closet flange which states they can be glued over 3" or inside 4" PVC, it also states it holds UPC listings. The plumbing products section, WI Comm 84, says if the PVC fittings hold these listing they are approved. Moreover, there is no way anyone can tell me a glued 4x3 is not preferable to a siliconed add a flange, I realize in a perfect world we would know exact finished floor heights at rough in but that is almost never the case in residential anymore, at least around here.
                      Thanks. Reasonable information other than I use it and it works.

I have failed rough-in inspection before on floor heights. They changed their mind to tile and told the inspector so but didn't tell me.

I failed inspection and had to go out, cut out the flange, raise it, retest.

Fun, fun, fun.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by bartnc37 View Post

Sure they can try to tell you its not perferable.......they never have done it and their code wont let them so they never will. Fine by me

Comment

Are we done yet?
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

And the crowd chants..."LOCK IT! LOCK IT! LOCK IT!"

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Are we done yet?
                              I think bart proved my point. So yes i'm finished.

I bet the crowd is chanting erase it to and I hate crow.

Comment

I think bart proved my point. So yes i'm finished.

I bet the crowd is chanting erase it to and I hate crow.
                                Whew! Glad you're done. Erase it. Maybe could have been left alone or a new thread with all of the answers in about 5 posts.

Instead it turned into "I'm right, you're wrong, I've been doing it this way for years...."

Still no codes listed from any books from anyone to help. No crow for me.

Just chicken wings.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X