I want to become a Plumber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want to become a Plumber

I think you are hilarious. What about experience? I can just see it now. You drop a few thousand dollars, buy the tools, you advertise like crazy and start getting calls. Then you show up on the job and you have no idea what you are doing. You'll probably break a cable on every other job. It will be hard to collect money when you can't even get the drain open, and even harder when the customer is pissed because you broke the toilet and got your cable stuck in the pipe.
    Good luck, but you are going to have to work for a pro drain-cleaner to learn the trade. Maybe ask the blonde lady for a job?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
      Well which is it?

In one quote you say its "easy cash"

and the next quote you are worried ......

Yea, go for it,

In fact buy all NEW Ridgid equipment ONLY RIDGID !!!

BUY ALL machines for even more money you make, !!!

Yea, Yea, all tools buy all ridgid tools.

EASY STRATEGIE WE HAVE HERE:

MORE TOOLS = MORE MONEY!!!!

YEA YEA, NO SKILL JUST BLONDE WOMEN WITH TOOLS

COME ON !!!
      LOL
      Well being half german and planning to go there for a 2-month training, I thought it would be easier for me to buy the RIS, RACK, EDEHL, or Rothenberger tools
      These are all german made machines. 3 years + guaranty!!!!
      Plus the odds of finding a Blondie there are much higher than anywherelse!
      But given that I am in the RIDGID Forum and because everyone seems to be so friendly around here, I might buy some RIDGID tools too!
      Thank you buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by ridgidpipe View Post
        The thing about drain cleaning is you have to have some plumbing expertise also. Sounds like your job went smooth but trust me not all drain cleaning jobs are that simple. You are bound to go through an old pipe here are there and you had better know how to repair it when it happens.
        So maybe it would be wise to hire some plumber who has done repairing and replacing before? Because finding someone who knows how to use the tools and machines is absolutely impossible since this is something totally new around here..

Concerning the old broken pipes, is it possible that they are much less frequent in big cities due to the absence of landscape and trees?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          I like being a plumber couze I can go without showering for weeks.
          ever heard of bacterias??

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
            I wanna be a parts distributor like the OP , so I can pay another plumber $100 and watch him unclog my pipes! Oh and in minutes ...oh and with no experience
            I prefer to be a plumber who has a moderate income and gets paid in cash than be a trader who has to sell on credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              I think you are hilarious. What about experience? I can just see it now. You drop a few thousand dollars, buy the tools, you advertise like crazy and start getting calls. Then you show up on the job and you have no idea what you are doing. You'll probably break a cable on every other job. It will be hard to collect money when you can't even get the drain open, and even harder when the customer is pissed because you broke the toilet and got your cable stuck in the pipe.
              Good luck, but you are going to have to work for a pro drain-cleaner to learn the trade. Maybe ask the blonde lady for a job?
              Well, if I encounter a customer with such bad pipes, i'll probably advise him to start looking for another apartment before having to pay substantial sanitarian costs By the way, if I am alone in the market, ok along with that blonde lady, maybe I can set up my target market which would be new apartments, hotels and centers.
              Besides I live in a big city, so I suppose the lack of landscape and trees would mean healthier pipes! Is that true btw?

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                As far as running the machines it is not hard, (as the TV commercial goes it is so easy a Cave man can do it), and if all goes right it is not hard.
                Thanks a lot for your comment, it stimulated and cheered me up a lot !

Actually, I am not at all looking for easy and quick money. I am willing to establish a company that may be my source of income in the future and I know that it might take some time and maybe even years, but I have got the patience and courage for it.

What is more, I got the chance of living in a country and city where there is practically no one else who does this kind of job beside that lady of course, and where most of the drains are clogged because of grease, textile, toys, or taint because as said we have no landscape, gardens or trees here in the city. (most people living in apartments pour the fats and oils in the water closet or kitchen sink since it's the easiest way to dump it). Also most pipes are plastic 1'' to 3'', some 4'' and 6'' for main pipes down the basement. Only the road pipes are bigger, but only municipality workers are allowed to clean them anyway so I hope that most of my work would be easy!

Maybe given the cheap handcraft here, I could afford to hire someone who does the hard pipe fixing and replacement works, and who has got a big enough appetite to stand before the ***** seriously!! I haven't thought of that yet . It sounds horrible and frightening!

As for the tools, for a start, I thought I'd buy:

2 sink machines
                3 sectional
                1 drum machine
                2 electrical water jetter ( 130 bar-2 liter/m equivalent to 1885 PSI / 3.17 gallons/m) with diffrent kind of nozzles.
                1 camera systems ( I didnt really realise why I need a cam for!??)
                1 submersile sump pump
                2 sewer cleaners
                and a lot of accessories and small hand tools.

How much do you think that would cost me? more than 15,000-20,000$?

lol I guess that blonde woman would kill me if she knew what I am planning to do

Comment

Oh crap ....really No pun intended...

This thread makes me smile

Comment

I'm about to toss the Lobster flag on this thread but I'll play along for now

Why so many machines? One of each should get you going

I live in a big city and these pipes are the worst in the country

You will need the camera to find the 3 sections of cables you broke off

That reminds me you will need a sonde locater

Comment

Sunseeker: Good luck to you in your journey...

I'm looking forward to the pictures of your work

Okie

Comment

:d
                        Attached Files
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I think someone is pulling our legs.

Comment

OMG this is funny as hell
                            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I think All Clear just pi$$ed him self
                              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Lobster.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X