I want to become a Plumber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want to become a Plumber

Since, in most states, drain cleaners don't need to be licensed why not help this poor fellow out? After all, everyone's gotta start somewhere.
    sigpic

Comment

So you want to be a plumber? (actually the title is "drain-cleaner" technically speaking, licensed plumbers do a hell of a lot of things besides unclogging drains.)
      Here is the afternoon job I did, I was standing in a pile of human waste and toilet paper while cleaning the sewer drain. Keep in mind that I am simply posting this photo as TODAY'S AVERAGE DRAIN CALL. This is not the grossest job by any stretch, this is just your average, run-of-the-mill sewer-drain backed up in the basement. Luckily the lighting is pretty bad so you don't get a real clear view of the sh!t-logs.

Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        Since, in most states, drain cleaners don't need to be licensed why not help this poor fellow out? After all, everyone's gotta start somewhere.
        He's not even in the states

I wonder if he has to be licensed in Lebanon?

Carl, I had to remove my 'thanks' on your last picture. Man that is just GROSS!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Lobster.

J.C.
          Hee....Hee......luv it!
          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

sunseeker,

hello from up here.

it sounds loke you've done some homework.

as you can see from the replies, we like to joke around here.

everybody has to start somewhere. i appreciate your interest, but like the guys said, it's not for everyone.

when i first started my trade as a plumber in '84, i too had "0" experience and i had "0" tools to call my own.

like everything else in life, take it one step at a time.

i would suggest that you get "some" experience working with drain cleaning company. ie; i worked in a office for close to 2 years before i realized that office (whitcollar) work was not for me. i'm a "down in the ditch" kind of guy.

good luck and keep us posted.

Vince

i went into one of our two grocery stores up here yesterday. i noticed there was (frozen) sewage on the ground under the building (building is in piles). i thought to myself "frozen sewer service". when i walked through the main entrance i saw cables for a drain cleaner on the floor. seems the maintenance guy they hired from the south has never worked or seen a frozen drain before and he didn't ask anybody anything about the building's history. i wonder how long it took him to figure out that drain cleaning machines don't work on ice.

Comment

Wasn't there some kind of a war in Lebanon in 2006 ? I'm betting you don't need a license to clean sewers in Lebanon.

Comment

There's a bunch of Lebanon's around my neck of the woods. Lebanon, NH , Lebanon ME ....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                  So you want to be a plumber? (actually the title is "drain-cleaner" technically speaking, licensed plumbers do a hell of a lot of things besides unclogging drains.)
                  Here is the afternoon job I did, I was standing in a pile of human waste and toilet paper while cleaning the sewer drain. Keep in mind that I am simply posting this photo as TODAY'S AVERAGE DRAIN CALL. This is not the grossest job by any stretch, this is just your average, run-of-the-mill sewer-drain backed up in the basement. Luckily the lighting is pretty bad so you don't get a real clear view of the sh!t-logs.
                  man that is so yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkk. do you wear some kind of survivor respirator-mask? there are some with exhalation vavles as well..
                  I bet i'll need a protection coat too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
                    Wasn't there some kind of a war in Lebanon in 2006 ? I'm betting you don't need a license to clean sewers in Lebanon.
                    Yes there was this famous war with Israel. It lasted 33 days. I guess I don't need a license here and if so it would be easy to "get".
                    I got my driving license for 300bucks. Too bad I didn't get it earlier, back then I could've used it to issue an international driving license!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      There's a bunch of Lebanon's around my neck of the woods. Lebanon, NH , Lebanon ME ....
                      Well the Lebanon I'm in is deepsh!t middle-east where plumbers are so PROFIS they don't even know what a plumbing machine looks like. That's why I am so excited to do the job! wish me good luck!

Comment

when i first started my trade as a plumber in '84, i too had "0" experience and i had "0" tools to call my own.

like everything else in life, take it one step at a time.

i would suggest that you get "some" experience working with drain cleaning company. ie; i worked in a office for close to 2 years before i realized that office (whitcollar) work was not for me. i'm a "down in the ditch" kind of guy.

[/quote]

Vincent the plumber,

I thought of that as well. 2 years is a lot of time, and since there are no drain service companies here and plumbers do it manually I thought that anyways, experience or not, I'll have a huge advantage premium which others don't.

And then, why not hire one or two of these plumbers since handcraft is so cheap around here, they could help me do the jobs, and would be thankful to be operating on machines instead of keep staying in direct contact with the **** unless of course, within time, one starts to luvin ituhhh

Afterall, being half german and knowing the language I might be going to Munich for a 2-month training(the company I'll buy the tools from promised they'll make some arrangement with a drain service company).
                        I think it wouldn't cost me more than 2,000 Euro alltogether.(place to stay at + living). My other aunt lives in Texas San antonio, but I have no idea how anyone would hire me in a drain service company there for 2 months.

Comment

would someone please tell sunseeker to pull the other one as it plays gingle bells.

Tony

Comment

I thought of that as well. 2 years is a lot of time, and since there are no drain service companies here and plumbers do it manually I thought that anyways, experience or not, I'll have a huge advantage premium which others don't.

And then, why not hire one or two of these plumbers since handcraft is so cheap around here, they could help me do the jobs, and would be thankful to be operating on machines instead of keep staying in direct contact with the **** unless of course, within time, one starts to luvin ituhhh

Afterall, being half german and knowing the language I might be going to Munich for a 2-month training(the company I'll buy the tools from promised they'll make some arrangement with a drain service company).
                            I think it wouldn't cost me more than 2,000 Euro alltogether.(place to stay at + living). My other aunt lives in Texas San antonio, but I have no idea how anyone would hire me in a drain service company there for 2 months.[/QUOTE]
                            Try a work visa, It's a high turn over profession here in the States. Believe me you could get hired.

Comment

sunseeker,

believe it or not, i'm 1/2 english/german (LANG(er)) and eskimo(inuit).

my girlfriend is full german

we're everywhere

Vince

Comment

I have to wonder what the plumbing is like in Lebanon. Properly-installed plumbing is designed to be cleaned. Poorly-designed plumbing is nothing but a heartbreak . . . and a cable break.

Comment

Working...
                                X