X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble shoot AUTO FEED ON K7500

I am having some problems with my k 7500 auto feed. It feeds out, but does not reel back in. I have to turn the tension knob down to feed it back in. it is like; it is gripping the cable but does not reel it back in.
    I want to rebuild it. But I am not sure if there is a rebuild kit, or do I have to order everything separate. If you have some experience with this pleas let me know.
    Thank you.

Re: trouble shoot AUTO FEED ON K7500

Plumber Rick is the one you need to hear from. He's one of the proudest drum machine owners on the site, talks about it all the time and even makes hamburgers with it. Nice compliment to the shake maker he has as well.

He's the drum machine king so he'll tell you how to fix it in no time flat.

He might even let ya use his till yours is fixed.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      Plumber Rick is the one you need to hear from. He's one of the proudest drum machine owners on the site, talks about it all the time and even makes hamburgers with it. Nice compliment to the shake maker he has as well.

He's the drum machine king so he'll tell you how to fix it in no time flat.

He might even let ya use his till yours is fixed.
      I'm almost sure he would.Being that he has two.Matter of fact isn't that one of the 7500's in the photo of him with the little helpers in our photo gallery.

Comment

onedavid. the auto feed relies on the 3 sealed bearings to advance and retrieve the cables.

i always assisted my feeder in retrieving my cables. also keeping the cable oiled up will prolong the life of the bearings.

there's not much to replacing the bearings. remove the bolts that hold the feeder together and then remove the actuator /pin/ screws. the 3 roller bearings just slip out.

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/A745F0F...Machine_PL.pdf

see page #4 for the breakdown.

clean and grease the rest of the working parts.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Sounds as though your cable may be wound in the drum backwards.

Comment

Working...
          X