X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelling lavatory

I have a lavatory that it drains smell sewer. The problem is that this lavatory is in a vanity that is surrounded by expensive tiles, even under knee. I can smoke to see, but the smell is directly in the lavatory drain. The trap looks okay. I am at lost here, the smell is passing through the water in the trap???

Any advise. House is 50 years old and I am twice older

Thanks

Re: Smelling lavatory

Is the trap full?

When was the last time you washed new water in the down trap?

Originally posted by Esthy View Post
    The problem is that this lavatory is in a vanity that is surrounded by expensive tiles, even under knee. I can smoke to see,

Thanks
    and what the heck does that mean?
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

try pouring houshold bleach into the sink overflow and pop up drain. let sit then wash out with warm water.

if the trap is full of water, the smell is not the waste line. it's in the sink.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        try pouring houshold bleach into the sink overflow and pop up drain. let sit then wash out with warm water.

rick.
        hey rick,

i've seen little flying bugs come out of the overflow.

have you ever seen the slime build up? gooey. spit, toothpaste, whiskers, soap scum, and dead skin.

i love my job!

Vince

Comment

Hi professional forumers, I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!! Incredible. a male resident use the lavatory as an urinal. His wife keep complaining that when he's using the toilet he sprays around and he tired of her nagging he starting urinating in the lavatory, but he didn't flush enough. He begged me not to tell his wife and that he was going to open the faucet longer. Whoa!
          Now, should I charge him for the job or for my silence?

Thanks

Comment

Charge him for the job then give him a discounted price on the second job of your silence.Now go get that bleach.

Comment

Working...
            X