X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trap primers

are there any types of trap primers that use full pressure as opposed to a pressure drop

Re: trap primers

When I was in new construction it seemed that all the jobs were spec'd for them but never installed, connected.

It seemed like the reason mostly followed the erratic problems with the devices, keeping them to work without failure.

I believe some of the best trap primers were designed years ago that consisted of the toilet flush ells that had a small tube that sent water to the drain by one's flushing the fixture, same as the old style laundry tub faucets with the drain for floor drains.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

We use them all the time in S.F. They work fine.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

What brand name are you using tool, Watts?
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Yes, Watts
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I have yet to find a trap primer that works the way it should. I think they are a waste of money and time, unless installed with a commercial flush valve toilets with vacuum breakers, as Dunbar mentioned.
            We have to use them in residential floor drains.

Comment

Originally posted by compression08 View Post
              are there any types of trap primers that use full pressure as opposed to a pressure drop
              I do not know of any.Most,as you have posted,require a pressure drop.You have to have a pressure drop that can be sensed be the primer.Years ago I had to tear off a wall and relocate one from a drinking fountain(per Architect) and relocate to a higher volume dropping fixture.There is a plumbing contractor I've been helping out that keeps putting them in the middle of the system or running these crazy length branches off the main.I keep warning him....

Comment

We had problems with them so I started to precede them with a ball valves. The inspectors did not like this and told us to get rid of the ball valves. I also did the same thing with expansion tanks and got the same response. I'm big into shut off valves and anytime I think it would help out a future situation I install one. The plumbing code does not agree with me.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
                  We had problems with them so I started to precede them with a ball valves. The inspectors did not like this and told us to get rid of the ball valves. I also did the same thing with expansion tanks and got the same response. I'm big into shut off valves and anytime I think it would help out a future situation I install one. The plumbing code does not agree with me.
                  I do the same with exp. tanks, but i remove the handle so it can't be shut off easily
                  West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                  Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

in michigan we have to have a valve in front of the trap primer, our inspectors consider it a fixture

Comment

Working...
                    X