vent fixture units

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: vent fixture units

Thanks stokefire. The confusion for most (or maybe just me) is the different numbers for vent, stack vent, vent stack, wet vent etc.

So a bathroom group may be able to be vented with 1.5" depending on vertical/horizontal pipe sizes & connections.

Or am I lost again.

Off the subject. Tom Petty.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Thanks stokefire. The confusion for most (or maybe just me) is the different numbers for vent, stack vent, vent stack, wet vent etc.

So a bathroom group may be able to be vented with 1.5" depending on vertical/horizontal pipe sizes & connections.

Or am I lost again.

Off the subject. Tom Petty.

J.C.
      The short answer is yes. According to table 916.1 of the IPC, if you have a 3" soil line or waste stack and you limit the developed length of the vent to 25', a 1.5" vent has the capacity of 102 dfu (seems insanely high).

Mark
      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-28-2008, 09:42 PM.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It is insane, isn't it? However it may be done. First time I came across that I about had an aneurism Then I got to the part where youcan wet vent thorugh an 1 1/2" line and thats when I started having heart palpatations. When I got to the bit where you can wet vent fixtures in any order and the w\c vent to fixture can be hundreds of feet is when the ambulance had to come and get me.
        sigpic

Comment

5 dry types, 6 wet types

Comment

IPC says 2 bathroom groups on one 1.5 vent
            ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
            X